1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support texting application problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by koinweb, Nov 27, 2010.

1. koinweb

koinweb New Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I have a problem texting some people on my Galaxy S Captivate. This only happens with a few people in my adress book. The program leaves off the 1st 3 digits of their phone number, when I try and send a text so of course it doesn't work. I have discovered that this happens with some old entries that didn't originally have the 1st 3 digits. I have tried the following but none of this has worked:

I updated the entry to be a 10 digit number.
    I deleted the message thread and started a new thread.
    I deleted the contact completely and re-entered it.
    I deleted the contact completely and re-entered it under a different name.

None of this has worked. I can get a message to go through if I send it, get an error message and then forward the failed message by manually entering the contact which appears correctly. I have to follow this tedious process to send ALL messages to that particular person. The system doesn't want to forget that the original entry for that phone number was only 7 digits. Would love to figure out a fix for this annoying bug in the programming.

Advertisement

2. kcau

kcau Active Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Ottawa, Ont., Canada
    I haven't seen this problem as i connect to an exchange server for email, scheduler and contacts. I never have to update contacts on the S .... i do it all in outlook .... very convenient .... contact updates all happen by wireless.

I would recommend this for anyone that has an exchange connection.

In your list of what u did to try and fix it i don't see the phone being completely shut down .... do that as well.

KC