• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting/Contacts all messed up...any suggestions?

Berry2Droid

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2009
NJ
So i have my contacts in my phone, fine and dandy, when i first got my phone i accidently synched facebook contacts with my phone, meaning every person on my facebook with a phone # on their fb was imported into my phone, you know as well as i do, 90% of our fb friends arent phone contact friends, so i unsynched fb..now the issue im having is this. If i go into messaging, and in the To: feild i start to type a persons name in my contact to text them, for some people it doesnt show up, altho if u go into my contacts their name is clearly there. The other issue, is when i start to type names, it still brings up peoples names and numbers from FB altho their contact isnt saved in my phone..so everytime i wanna text someone i hasve to goto contacts, find them, clickhold and select text contact..kind of annoying for mass texts ect....any suggestions?

I had a similar issue. Edit the contact and make sure that the name is typed out there for given name or family name.

I did the same thing, and when I unsynced, it removed the names from there. Even though they still showed up with a name in the list, the name wasn't in either of those 2 fields. After adding it to the top one, I was able to see them in the To: thing for messaging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones