• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting draining the battery more than it should?

Hairygoat

Lurker
Aug 7, 2010
I got my Captivate about a week ago and some far I am liking it a lot. However, I thought I was having some battery issues, as my phone is draining faster than my brother's iPhone.

Using one of the battery status widgets, I've noticed that my batter drops about 1 percent for every text that send and receive (send one text+receive one text = 1% drain) meaning that I'd only be able to send about 100 texts in a day on a full charge. Most days I don't reach that but there are some days which are pretty text heavy. Is this a normal rate at which the battery should be draining for doing something like that? I am using Juicedefender and Advanced Task Killer to monitor what is going on, and the only widget I have running is Fancy Widget.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones