• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting from computer app/program

I was wondering what you all prefer or recommend for sending texts from a computer. I used to use a really good one that didn't require my friends and family to download the app as well to use but I can't find it or remember the name of it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: spoke too soon. I found the one I liked to use before. It is called MightyText and has a plug in for google chrome if you like using it.

I was wondering what you all prefer or recommend for sending texts from a computer. I used to use a really good one that didn't require my friends and family to download the app as well to use but I can't find it or remember the name of it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: spoke too soon. I found the one I liked to use before. It is called MightyText and has a plug in for google chrome if you like using it.

Check out AirDroid. It gives you full control of your phone from your pc, including sending sms.. It's in the chrome web store. Also, with Pushbullet you and now respond to sms from your pc

Reactions: bghicks
Upvote 0
I checked out airdroid and really like it so far. I think I'll be using this over mighty. Full control over the phone just about rather than just text.
Keep an eye on your battery life. I uninstalled air Droid cause it was killing my batt. May have been just my phone though. I ended up using push bullet and mighty text.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones