1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Texting in Spanish and English?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DrRobert, Nov 13, 2009.

1. DrRobert

DrRobert Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Hey guys, newbie here to the forums, just picked up my Hero two days ago and so far I love it!

Except, of course, for one small detail. I'm bilingual, and a lover of Latina women (more info than you needed to know, I know!), so I am constantly switching back and forth between sending texts in English and in Spanish. Is there a way for my phone to recognize words in both English and Spanish? As it stands now, I'm having a hell of a time sending Spanish texts because it keeps suggesting words in English. Thanks in advance for your help!

Advertisement

2. 305Cane

305Cane Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009

lol my gf is latin and i like to do the same haha. this is a great thread. i just write in what i want and add it to the predictive text library so i can use it again at a later date. other than that, i have no clue....

3. bobeink

bobeink Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Same here, i love the chicas! I just keep adding more and more words in spanish...after a week of txting, i gotta say, my phone's getting bilingual!

4. JoeC

JoeC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    San Diego, CA, USA
    I have a need for this too, and I found a solution that works for me...

I use the native Messages application on my HTC Hero, and this works great for texting for me. For English, no problem, the standard word dictionary works well. For Spanish, I downloaded and installed Better Keyboard, as it has support for Spanish. I keep Better Keyboard configured for Spanish only.

So, when I text, I just press and hold the input box to prompt the input method--choose Better Keyboard when I want Spanish, or press and hold the input box to select Touch Input. It's quick and works well, since I never have to leave the app or even the current message to switch back and forth.

jgigs likes this.
  5. Puertorriqueno

Puertorriqueno New Member

Jan 14, 2011
  6. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

My phone has turned bilingual, too, thanks to me lol. When I browse the internet and I have to post something in Spanish using my phone, for example, like on Facebook or some other site, I always use good grammar, like accents and stuff that we Spanish speakers [should] use, but when I text people in Spanish, I still use good spelling, except for the fact that I don't use characters like

Tags: