1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Texting Issue - Intermittant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kwblue, Oct 22, 2011.

1. kwblue

kwblue Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    I have looked around to try to find a solution... Just haven't found anything yet. Maybe someone else has had this issue and knows a good way to fix it:

My wife has the EVO Shift 4G. I converted her Blackberry contacts over to her GMail account and used that for the phone when she got it not so long ago.

When she texts any contacts, it may or may not go through. When she replies to contacts, it may or may not go through. The error is similar to other errors seen on the forums here:

'9230: Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114'

It does not matter if the number is area code + number (i.e., xxx-xxx-xxxx). It still has this issue. Again - this has happened since day one with the phone. My wife is pretty frustrated about it and wants to just buy a windows phone - but I have an EVO 3D and Android is fine and I have no issues with texting ever.

Should I remove all contacts? Re-add them manually? Wipe the phone?

What's the best strategy here before she goes off the handle :)

**Edit: Some texts DO go through for every contact. Some just don't. Seems to be a 50-50 chance. Sometimes the error doesn't come in for a long time (like 1/2 day), so she thinks the text went through when it didn't.

Advertisement

2. kwblue

kwblue Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    bump... anybody?

3. gamorg02

gamorg02 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
  4. kwblue

kwblue Lurker
    None

Oct 22, 2011
    I did read that whole thread, most of which didn't apply, but a few made mention of the area code being removed with the stock messaging app. I think what you expected me to see was switching to another messaging app?

I'll give that a try.

5. gamorg02

gamorg02 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    no thats my bad. i was looking for the issue mentioned in the link i gave. When i was searching your thread and another one came up as well. The other thread was the same issue and i meant to post it in that one. sorry about that.