1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support texting issue on HTC EVO shift 4g

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alanad808, May 10, 2011.

1. alanad808

alanad808 Member
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    Store Manager, Clear
    Honolulu, HI
    hey all,

i just got the HTC EVO shift 4g about a month ago.

So far there are a few problems, but there are 2 thats really irritating.

first off, when I text to a cell phone number that is not saved into my Phonebook, I get an error message replied back:

"9230: Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114"

I verified that the number is 10 digits & a cell phone number. Then, when i save the phone number in my phone book and resend, I do not get that error msg.

second, my phone drops calls almost every other call I get in. After a minute to two minutes into the call, the call drops & when I look at my screen, the signal bar is empty for a split second and goes back to full bars. Then, I can make a call again.

Anyone is having the same issues and got it fixed? I went the the Sprint application and did a Profile update & a PRL update. I still havent gone down to the sprint store because I do not have the time. So i'm hoping there is a fix known here :)

thx every1,
    Alana

Advertisement

2. jayhay312

jayhay312 Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    That doesn't sound normal at all. I'd suggest you bring it in and let service have a look at it.

3. kbrn

kbrn Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    Male
    Androidholic
    Central Florida
    I think I have an answer to your first trouble.
    When txting a phone num. not added to your contacts, make sure that after entering the phone number don't hit space or there's no space between the last digit and the cursor blinker.
    Same thing happens if you are sending a txt or mms to an e-mail address
    if there's an empty space after the last letter before you switch to the txt body it will give you the not a valid recipient error.

At least that is what has happened to me.