• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

plzhelpme

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
I posted this question in another thread but I wanted to make a new one in case people missed it.

I know NOTHING about cell phones. I just got the Galaxy s 4g and it wont send texts that go over 1 text (over 160 characters). I like everything else about the phone, is that a problem with ALL galaxy s 4g phones or if I exchange it do I have a chance it wont happen with the new one??? Is there something I can do to the phone to fix the problem? I've already made sure the settings are correct to allow for mms messages. Help please???!?!

I know on my CDMA phones I cannot send texts over 160 characters unless I change a setting in the app to force it to split long texts.

I know GO SMS has this option, its a free app and might solve your problem.

download go sms, it will work WITH your current sms app, and inside go sms settings you can tell it to split outgoing messages every 160 characters.

it does it in software, it shouldn't matter if t-mobile supports it or doesnt, because in the end its the same as if you manually typed out separate texts.

I see no reason why it wouldnt fix your issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones