• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting Issue

dnmrtni

Lurker
Feb 15, 2012
I'm having two issues with my Elite that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.
First Issue: I received a text this weekend. When I opened it all of my previous texts were gone. Not just the ones from that particular person, but every text I have ever sent and received from anyone. They just disappeared. Has this happened to anyone else?

2nd Issue: When someone sends me a long text, it will usually get broken up into a few separate texts. When this happens the texts do not come in the correct order. So I end up having to scroll up and down to try to figure out the order of the texts. Here's an example of how it might come through. If I receive a text of what I have just written, it will come through like this:

1st text will read: "When someone sends me a long text, It will usually get broken up into a few separate texts.
2nd Text: "When this happens the texts do not come in the correct order. So I end up having to scroll up and down to try to figure
3rd Text: If I receive a text of what I have just written, it will come through like this:
4th Text: out the order of the texts. Here's an example of how it might come through.
I hope this make sense.
Everything about my phone is stock and I'm using the stock messaging app.
Any ideas what's going on and how to fix it?

I have not had issue one. Issue 2 - On occasion I have received a text out of order like you have described (from my wife who also has an Optimus Elite). She has said she has had issues sending texts sometimes, lag on getting them to send I believe. I have always just presumed it was the way her phone sent them. It hasn't happened very often.

In the Message app there is a setting "Message reassembly". You might try checking or unchecking it and see what effect that may have.

Upvote 0
I use GO SMS personally, but I would also recommend Handcent and Chomp, and yes your text messages get imported. Rather, both the stock messaging app (which is also extremely out of date and hasn't been updated, but I would leave Message Reassembly checked, as it seems to work just fine for me on GO SMS [but needs that setting set, I believe, in the stock messaging app - I don't know why]), and any other messaging app, reads your text messages from the mmssms.db file located in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones