1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Texting issues, texts sent to wrong person

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by seals97, Aug 4, 2011.

1. seals97

seals97 Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    I've had the Thunderbolt since the release date and ever since the last OTA update, about every 20 times or so that I send a text, the phone will end up sending the text to somebody else in my phone. I've tried this with sending new messages by selecting compose message, and sending a text in the current convo I have with someone. The only way I've been able to fix this is by keeping my inbox and sent completely empty. Is there a better fix for this?

Advertisement

2. angldvl81

angldvl81 Android Expert
    None

Feb 14, 2011
    Female
    my job
    AZ
    I downloaded gosms and haven't had the problem since.

hijeffinition likes this.
  3. hijeffinition

hijeffinition Newbie
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Male
    Chemist
    NJ
    This happened to me too, twice.

I selected my wife's last text so I could directly reply, and it sent a text to someone else (my wife's friend who I had previously had included in a previous text string).

I can't figure out how to fix this, I even deleted all the texts from my wife's friend. Annoying, and potentially embarrassing.

4. cultldr

cultldr Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 28, 2010
    Houston, TX
    This has happened on both my phones a Tbolt and an X with the built in sms and handcent. I will have to try gosms, pretty annoying to say the least. :(

5. SweetSaudade

SweetSaudade Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    Demand Analyst
    NJ
    Happened to me too, starting right after the update. Verizon replaced the phone and the night I activated the replacement, the software update came through - and the next morning it happened with THAT phone. I didn't even have time to re-install all my apps and I only had about 5 or 6 message in my inbox. Called Verizon and explained to them that it is a deal breaker if I can't trust the way my phone texts.. So they sent me out a refurb Samsung Droid Charge as a replacement which I rec'd Monday (today is Thursday). And maybe I will actually receive the CORRECT battery and the wall charger for it tomorrow!

Tried to fight the "Why do I have to get a refurb phone (IN SEPARATE PIECES FROM SEPARATE PLACES ON SEPARATE DAYS!:mad:) if i'm within the orig warranty period" fight - boy they have an answer for everything.. It seems like such a scam that we have to pay $250 for a new phone only to have it not work and end up with a used piece-meal castaway product someone else likely already rejected. But I digress..

Good luck, hope you figure this out soon. I'm just praying it doesn't happen with the Charge..

6. oomeggieoo

oomeggieoo Lurker
    None

Aug 13, 2011
    Having the same problem. Which is becoming very dangerous for me as I ended up announcing my two weeks notice to the wrong person in my address book.

Right now I do the same and just keep my inbox completely empty. Apparently, this has been going on for over a year, though - Android Bug Sends Text Messages To Wrong People - Technology News - redOrbit

I just got an HTC Thunderbolt too, though..and it seems to be happening a lot with these phones more than others? Not sure.

I've had 5 texts sent out in a row to the wrong people.

7. donas

donas Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    I had a similar problem with my moto X and I resolved it by always deleting texts to multiple people. For some reason, random texts would always jump onto those threads whether they were recent or not. Example, if I send a text to 3 coworkers, as soon as it sends delete that thread and continue further replies individually.....hope it helps.