1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Texting issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kaligh, Aug 4, 2011.

1. kaligh

kaligh Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    So i got this phone yesterday and could get and receive texts just fine on my old phone before i transferred over to the droid.

now their is a small group of contacts who text me but i can't get their text messages. when just yesterday on my old phone i could get messages just fine. what is going on here?

I have tried battery removal and rebooting. i also did the factory reset and still nothing. I already hate this phone and want my stupid old flip phone back.

The phone is a Droid 3 by the way

Advertisement

2. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Hi Kaligh,

Strange that a factory reset did not work. You're getting text messages fine for everyone else? Do these selected group of contacts get your text?

I'm not sure if it's much help, but have you tried using a third party SMS app like handcent SMS? I'm not sure if it'll work but it's a try :)

kaligh likes this.
  3. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert
    None

Jan 5, 2010
    Male
    Software Engineer
    Central NY
    Give VZW tech support a call. Some provisioning on your account might be messed up. As in something that is required for smartphones didn't get added to your plan.

4. kaligh

kaligh Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2011

yup been txting everyone else just fine. and the ones who im not getting msgs from told me on fb that they were txting me back. i've tried the apps and it isn't working