1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Texting Lag Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jwebby, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Jwebby

Jwebby Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    New to this site sorry if this thread has already been started but...
    Does anyone know how to fix the lagging problem with this phone? Every time I receive a text the phone starts to lag and freeze for a few seconds. It is also very slow to display the message (I receive a text go to look at the messages and its not there yet have to wait up to 30s to see the text)

Also when Im texting it sometimes freezes up when Im typing a word in, example

say im texting the word "you" I press y it starts to lag and freeze up as I press ou then when it unfreezes the word comes out "6Ou" or something like that

ok so I just typed in my phone to use this as another example I typed "this phone lags very bad sometimes" the end result looks like this
    "This phone lags very bad 9m+times" it started to lag right as I finished typing the word bad

Scrolling through texts is also slow and freezes up everything else on the phone works fine just dealing with messages is really slow and laggy

Has anyone else had this problem?
    does anyone know how to fix this?
    thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    have you tried a hard reset? unfortunately i have found that with all computers, no one really knows how they work in total. that's why so much troubleshooting and tech assists tell you to restart, reset, pull the battery, or reload software.

3. Jwebby

Jwebby Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    like reformatting the phone?

4. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2010
    Yeah, a factory reset. From the Manual:

Performing a hard/factory reset
    You can return your phone to its original state, as it was when it left the factory. This is also called a hard reset. You might want to do this if you are giving your phone to a friend or relative and you want to remove all your data first, or if your phone has a persistent problem that is not solved by powering off the phone and then powering it on again.
    A factory reset is a drastic measure. It permanently erases all your personal data and customized settings, and also removes any programs you have installed. Make sure that you have backed up the information and files you want to keep.
    If your phone hangs or freezes, we recommend that you do a “soft” reset instead of a hard/factory reset. To perform a soft reset, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, and then re-install it. After re-installing the battery, turn on the phone.
    Performing a factory reset via settings
    The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
    Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
    Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
    On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
    Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
    If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
    With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER to reset the device.

Tags: