• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting pictures "play" for 5 seconds

VPALLARI

Lurker
Dec 12, 2012
Just came to the S3 4gLTE from iPhone and am loving it so far. Just curious about something though. I do a ton of picture texting. On this phone, when I get a picture from someone and click to open it, it plays like a video for 5 seconds. And NO, the person didnt send me a video :) Its just a picture, but the bottom of the application im viewing it in has a play, pause, next chapter and previous chapter button. And it actually trys to play the picture for 5 seconds. Not too annoying, but just kind of funky

I've found that when I send or receive a picture (MMS) without text, it opens with Gallery as an image; but if you receive an MMS with text, it plays it like a slideshow. It's kind of odd. I don't really see why you would further "open" a threaded text message if it wasn't to look at the picture. Not really sure why they decided to have that functionality.

Upvote 0
I've found that when I send or receive a picture (MMS) without text, it opens with Gallery as an image; but if you receive an MMS with text, it plays it like a slideshow. It's kind of odd. I don't really see why you would further "open" a threaded text message if it wasn't to look at the picture. Not really sure why they decided to have that functionality.

yeah i found the same thing...i came from iphone to s3 too took it back to telstra cos i thought it was playing up...annoying as fvck because thats what the very first mms pics did on the nokia 52whateveritwas u get used to it though..just tell the girls/guys not to put text in when they send you erotic pics hahahaha

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones