1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Texting Post 2.1 OTA

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by telltime, May 19, 2010.

1. telltime

telltime Member

If this has been address already, apoligies up front. I searched but didn't see it so if the answer is there, it's buried deep...

Since I "accepted" the upgrade last sunday (the 16th), I've noticed whenever I send a text I get a quick vibration and a notice in the status bar that the message was sent successfully. Used to be I only got a notice if the message failed (like when I had a poor signal) and then I could re-send when my signal improved...

I, personally, find this "message sent successfully" a bit annoying. I looked and looked in the settings, but can't seem to locate where to change this. Can someone help, or am I stuck with this?

And, please, if you prefer this new way, let's just agree to disagree right off the bat. You may like it, but I just prefer the "old" way.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rick311

rick311 Android Enthusiast

use chompsms. it doesnt do that.

3. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Settings, Received notification-uncheck

telltime likes this.
  4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Menu, All Messages if you are not already there.

Menu->Settings. Turn off "Sent notification" under the section "Sent messages". That should gray out the option to vibrate as well.

telltime likes this.
  5. ssgtob1

ssgtob1 Member

I fixed this by going into messages>menu key>settings and then unchecking delivery reports, unchecking and then re-checking auto-retrieve, and then checking and unchecking sent notification. I dont know which one fixed it, but it has worked on like 3 phones now.

6. telltime

telltime Member

Thanks, all. I figured it was something simple. I was looking at settings for the phone, and then under just one message (using Sense made me "forget" to go to all messages!).

REALLY appreciate all your help!!

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews