• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Texting Post 2.1 OTA

telltime

Nov 19, 2009
If this has been address already, apoligies up front. I searched but didn't see it so if the answer is there, it's buried deep...

Since I "accepted" the upgrade last sunday (the 16th), I've noticed whenever I send a text I get a quick vibration and a notice in the status bar that the message was sent successfully. Used to be I only got a notice if the message failed (like when I had a poor signal) and then I could re-send when my signal improved...

I, personally, find this "message sent successfully" a bit annoying. I looked and looked in the settings, but can't seem to locate where to change this. Can someone help, or am I stuck with this?

And, please, if you prefer this new way, let's just agree to disagree right off the bat. You may like it, but I just prefer the "old" way.

I, personally, find this "message sent successfully" a bit annoying. I looked and looked in the settings, but can't seem to locate where to change this. Can someone help, or am I stuck with this?

Menu, All Messages if you are not already there.

Menu->Settings. Turn off "Sent notification" under the section "Sent messages". That should gray out the option to vibrate as well.

Reactions: telltime
Upvote 0
If this has been address already, apoligies up front. I searched but didn't see it so if the answer is there, it's buried deep...

Since I "accepted" the upgrade last sunday (the 16th), I've noticed whenever I send a text I get a quick vibration and a notice in the status bar that the message was sent successfully. Used to be I only got a notice if the message failed (like when I had a poor signal) and then I could re-send when my signal improved...

And, please, if you prefer this new way, let's just agree to disagree right off the bat. You may like it, but I just prefer the "old" way.

I fixed this by going into messages>menu key>settings and then unchecking delivery reports, unchecking and then re-checking auto-retrieve, and then checking and unchecking sent notification. I dont know which one fixed it, but it has worked on like 3 phones now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones