• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help texting problem after upgrade

Need more details on this. I have successfully received a picture message on 2.2. I have had one that came through that didn't work. I don't really know why. I haven't tried sending.

If you are getting an error message let us know what it says. I am pretty sure I got an error message on mine when I couldn't receive the one but I didn't think much of it at the time because I rarely get picture messages and I thought it might just be a fluke.

Upvote 0
Hi Sam, I'm not trying to receive pictures, per say. I'm having difficulty receiving wordy text. My wife likes to send me her daily itinerary and before I downloaded 2.2 I had no problem receiving extra large text messages (200 characters or more). Now I just get a message that say "download". When I try to download the message it gives me the message "text message failed to download". Any suggestions would greatly be appriciated. I am contemplating reinstalling 2.2 and seeing if maybe I did something wrong the first time.

Upvote 0
I just updated my acclaim to 2.2 today and ever since it won't let me open my messaging app or make a phone call but I can receive phone calls and use the portable wifi hot spot which it what I'm doing right now from my touch can anybody help me with this issue

You may want to try a factory reset. You will have to reload apps and settings but I think it would fix your issue.

Upvote 0
I am having problems with my texts but I believe it has something to do with my service going in and out. I'm in a great area for service. For an examp on this past Saturday I was waiting for some friends to holler about being at the lake and heard nothing! Didn't hear from anyone, where I am from, thats weird on opening lake holiday. Well one of my friends came by the house and said sent you several texts. Took battery out and put back in, and about 30 texts came through. Not first time for this to happen since updated 2.2. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones