1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support texting slowdown

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ebowles385, May 23, 2011.

1. ebowles385

ebowles385 Member

May 23, 2011
    Hello folks, I'm having some issues with this crappy motorola i1. After I get about 1000 text messages, the phone slows to a crawl, and I can't even delete threads at that point - trying to do so will resulting the the sms process crashing. The only solution I've had is to master reset, but doing so every week is getting to be a real pain. Any suggestions on this one?

Advertisement

2. xBlean

xBlean Member

Jun 21, 2011
    I have the same phone, and I can /try/ to help you....
    ----------------
    First off:
    When you said: "After I get about
    1000 text messages", are you saying you have a TOTAL of 1,000 texts currently in your inbox? =\

Secondly:
    Once I started experiencing a text slowdown, I invested in a third-party SMS app and found ChompSMS to work waaaaay bettter than the default SMS app, so try that out. (And, its free!)

3. DannoTHEManno

DannoTHEManno New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I have over 3300 texts from my GF and I was able to delete the content but not the names ( me:... her: ) How do I get rid of that? HELP!

4. Munhoz

Munhoz Member

Mar 5, 2012
    S
    ChompSMS is incredible, much more "likable" than the default messaging application.

But I noticed when I receive a message, the LED doesn't blink, even though I changed the settings on Chomp. Does anybody knows anything about that?

Tags: