• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help texting slowdown

ebowles385

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Hello folks, I'm having some issues with this crappy motorola i1. After I get about 1000 text messages, the phone slows to a crawl, and I can't even delete threads at that point - trying to do so will resulting the the sms process crashing. The only solution I've had is to master reset, but doing so every week is getting to be a real pain. Any suggestions on this one?

I have the same phone, and I can /try/ to help you....
----------------
First off:
When you said: "After I get about
1000 text messages", are you saying you have a TOTAL of 1,000 texts currently in your inbox? =\

Secondly:
Once I started experiencing a text slowdown, I invested in a third-party SMS app and found ChompSMS to work waaaaay bettter than the default SMS app, so try that out. (And, its free!)

Upvote 0
I have over 3300 texts from my GF and I was able to delete the content but not the names ( me:... her: ) How do I get rid of that? HELP!

I have the same phone, and I can /try/ to help you....
----------------
First off:
When you said: "After I get about
1000 text messages", are you saying you have a TOTAL of 1,000 texts currently in your inbox? =\

Secondly:
Once I started experiencing a text slowdown, I invested in a third-party SMS app and found ChompSMS to work waaaaay bettter than the default SMS app, so try that out. (And, its free!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones