1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General texting !!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by neil154, Nov 25, 2014.

1. neil154

neil154 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    Male
    Real Estate Agent
    Charlottesville, VA
    Just upgraded plan\phone and now have texting included.

Please help me understand the apps. I habe Samsung's messages, Verizon's messages+, Google voice and Google hangouts. What the dideference between the apps capabilites and which one should I use as my default.

Advertisement

2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Jun 25, 2010
    Male
    Wirral, Merseyside, England
    Hi, I'm afraid I don't know the differences between the Apps, but you basically have two choices, use the stock Samsung texting app, which incidentally works fine for me, or try each app in turn and choose which ever you feel most comfortable with. Phil

3. Firewill10

Firewill10 Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2012
    Google voice is used for verbal commands and things for the phone, messages I believe is the stock messenger, Google hangouts they tried to make an all in one app with failure, not sure about verizon+ as I'm not on verizon. For my apps I downloaded an app called messenger made by Google. It works very well and isn't as plain as the stock. Over all though the stock messenger would be your best bet for default

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.