1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[TEXTNOW]Official/custom stock rom :D

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zezill, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

Yes I managed to get the file off them and the instructions too :cool:. Their servers are super Slow.
    Anyways here it is! :p

Warning! I am not responsible for any damage done to your device :p lol you should already know, your doing it at your own risk! If you have TextNow's 1 year Warranty don't worry I spoke to them and they clearly stated that they cover any issues software wise :p so I guess if ya brick it they got you? xD Any who ya here we go!!!
    -----------
    Update: updated the link from google drive to Android FileHost :D
    -----------

Step 1:
    • Download and install THIS on your desktop computer.
    (it's clearly a driver)

Step 2:
      1. Download and unzip THIS on your desktop computer.
      (Clearly the other main files, Do not try to flash this!)
    Step 3:
    • Power off the phone
    (Litterally, at this point if you don't know how, your in the wrong place! :D)

Step 4:
    • Hold VOLUME UP and plug phone into USB - wait for the drivers to install
    Step 5:
    • Navigate to the folder/location of the unzipped file. Double click on Flashall.Bat
    (if your scared turn back now! It will delete all of your files on your computer:eek:lol)

Step 6:
    • The device will flash and boot up
    (The flash is all the viruses coming to haunt you)

so yeah guys thats it! tried to have a lil fun with this :p got bored uploading the main file also hoping to get it approved for dev file access on androidfilehost. :3 to put it there instead. I hope to get a flashable TextNow apn up soon...:pHope no one take my joking seriously xD Also I by no means take no claims for this all credit goes to TextNow.. TextNow.com ......maybe the way they flash things could be usful to us ??? idk... lol
    Any issues feel free to comment below :D

#1 Zezill, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    SykkNyzz, mjhealy1978 and Curtis1973 like this.
  2. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

Awesome work bro. Nice acquirement from TextNow. Most carriers top tier or not never give up anything.

3. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

They also gave me files for the Samsung Galaxy Victory so I may post where ever they do their stuff..if they do

SykkNyzz likes this.
  4. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

Their deals on phones look amazing.

5. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

Ikr some of them are even free. One thing though is you have to wait until your warranty ends untill you can get the phones super cheap... I think if you decide to switch phones during it it will cost you 40$ extra on whatever they are selling it at...not that you would need to worry with their warranty...unless you bust your screen.

6. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

sweet I got Developer access from android filehost when it uploads ill make it the main download and make google drive a backup.

7. ScarletRooter

ScarletRooter Well-Known Member

Is this only for people who use TextNow? Or can someone who uses, say Virgin or Boost also use this?

8. Curtis1973

its a cdma rom. i would think it would work on virgin with apn fixer.

9. ScarletRooter

I'm gonna backup everything by pulling all of my current img's that the script flashes just to be safe

10. Curtis1973

should be just fine. these devices by text now are devices sprint sold them from surplus. either from their main sprint brand or from their boost or vm brands. minus some bloatware and carrier software changes i dont expect that much at all is different.

11. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

the default texting app is removed and switched with textnow's also it runsa service called Enflick services i'm which i'm assuming is what they used to have the "seamless" cellular to wifi switch during calls and vice versa. also i believe the caller app has been slightly modified for better integration with textnow

12. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

the default texting app is removed and switched with textnow's also it runsa service called Enflick services which i'm assuming is what they used to have the "seamless" cellular to wifi switch during calls and vice versa.

13. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

^ that was weird...By the looks of it..It appears it comes pre rooted you just need to install a Super User app and reboot

14. ScarletRooter

Couldn't I just flash the system image? :T

15. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

You could edit the .bat to only install the system image. Its pretty simple in how it installs... If your willing to give it a try be my guest... Though you should create a backup of what you have first... Tell me how it goes if you do

ScarletRooter likes this.
  16. ScarletRooter

Everything worked perfectly just installing the system image I even tinkered with the script and made a batch command file to enable fastboot automatically! Even offers to make a backup of stuff and zero out the laf partition. Feel free to check it out, it all works, I've tested it twice but their might be some shish that's boinked up. Let me know

Attached Files:

superstargoddess and Zezill like this.
  17. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

Tested it out I like it if it's okay i'll add it up top and give instructions for others on how to use it.

18. ScarletRooter

Sweet! Of course, I don't mind! :)

19. Curtis1973

Any progress on the apn fixer? If you get it built keep us posted. Will add it to all roms Within my uploads.

20. ScarletRooter

I'm going to make an option to just install the system partition later today and I'm also gonna add a waittime before flashing the partitions

Zezill likes this.
  21. Zezill

Zezill Newbie

do you know what files need to be replaced for the APN? I managed to get the textnow APN to work for me in general on the PAC remix but what else needs to be updated one I know I could make it

22. Curtis1973

Well basically the fixers modify the build.prop with carrier info and then copy over an eri.xml file to the data folder. Eri is in framework res apk and can be edited to not need that at all along with proper additions to build.prop

23. ScarletRooter

Update to the flash script, added auto flash APN fix. I attached four zips (RingPlus, Virgin, Boost, and Sprint APN Fixes...) the script will ask for your carrier and after flashing everything will boot into the recovery.img in this zip. DON'T Remove the twrpvoltv2_bumped.img, the recovery in the zip is NOT a replacement, it's just going to be used to temporary boot up into it so it can flash because for some reason adb doesn't work on the twrp version you have in there...anywho just copy and paste these files into the directory and it should work....also added a loopback if user inputs an incorrect option
    (ex: instead of y or n they put q or 2 or something of that nature by accident) it will loop back and ask the question again

If you have RingPlus or some other non supported carrier then it will just continue with the boot normally like it would without doing any APN fix

Edit: Fixed some mistakes with the first 3 backups, accidentally forgot to replace /Backup at the end of the storage locations :p

This "should" be a final edit but I dunno depends on if I get bored or something :p

Attached Files:

#23 ScarletRooter, Feb 5, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    dvdavid888 likes this.
  24. ScarletRooter

This is the final...I promise :)
    Updates:
    Added Instructions for enabling USB Debugging
    Added option to flash system partition only!
    This also requires the previous file with the recovery image and the zips!

Attached Files:

25. dvdavid888

dvdavid888 Android Enthusiast

Could this be used to gain root access

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews