• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TEXTNOW]Official/custom stock rom :D

Zezill

Dec 4, 2015
Yes I managed to get the file off them and the instructions too :cool:. Their servers are super Slow.
Anyways here it is! :p

Warning! I am not responsible for any damage done to your device :p lol you should already know, your doing it at your own risk! If you have TextNow's 1 year Warranty don't worry I spoke to them and they clearly stated that they cover any issues software wise :p so I guess if ya brick it they got you? xD Any who ya here we go!!!
-----------
Update: updated the link from google drive to Android FileHost :D
-----------

Step 1:
  • Download and install THIS on your desktop computer.
(it's clearly a driver)

Step 2:
    1. Download and unzip THIS on your desktop computer.
    (Clearly the other main files, Do not try to flash this!)
Step 3:
  • Power off the phone
(Litterally, at this point if you don't know how, your in the wrong place! :D)

Step 4:
  • Hold VOLUME UP and plug phone into USB - wait for the drivers to install
Step 5:
  • Navigate to the folder/location of the unzipped file. Double click on Flashall.Bat
(if your scared turn back now! It will delete all of your files on your computer:eek:lol)

Step 6:
  • The device will flash and boot up
(The flash is all the viruses coming to haunt you)

so yeah guys thats it! tried to have a lil fun with this :p got bored uploading the main file also hoping to get it approved for dev file access on androidfilehost. :3 to put it there instead. I hope to get a flashable TextNow apn up soon...:pHope no one take my joking seriously xD Also I by no means take no claims for this all credit goes to TextNow.. TextNow.com ......maybe the way they flash things could be usful to us ??? idk... lol
Any issues feel free to comment below :D

Last edited:
Ikr some of them are even free. One thing though is you have to wait until your warranty ends untill you can get the phones super cheap... I think if you decide to switch phones during it it will cost you 40$ extra on whatever they are selling it at...not that you would need to worry with their warranty...unless you bust your screen.

Upvote 0
the default texting app is removed and switched with textnow's also it runsa service called Enflick services i'm which i'm assuming is what they used to have the "seamless" cellular to wifi switch during calls and vice versa. also i believe the caller app has been slightly modified for better integration with textnow

Upvote 0
You could edit the .bat to only install the system image. Its pretty simple in how it installs... If your willing to give it a try be my guest... Though you should create a backup of what you have first... Tell me how it goes if you do

Everything worked perfectly just installing the system image I even tinkered with the script and made a batch command file to enable fastboot automatically! Even offers to make a backup of stuff and zero out the laf partition. Feel free to check it out, it all works, I've tested it twice but their might be some shish that's boinked up. Let me know

Attachments

• flashall v2 script.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 307
Upvote 0
Everything worked perfectly just installing the system image I even tinkered with the script and made a batch command file to enable fastboot automatically! Even offers to make a backup of stuff and zero out the laf partition. Feel free to check it out, it all works, I've tested it twice but their might be some shish that's boinked up. Let me know
Tested it out I like it if it's okay i'll add it up top and give instructions for others on how to use it.

Reactions: ScarletRooter
Upvote 0
Update to the flash script, added auto flash APN fix. I attached four zips (RingPlus, Virgin, Boost, and Sprint APN Fixes...) the script will ask for your carrier and after flashing everything will boot into the recovery.img in this zip. DON'T Remove the twrpvoltv2_bumped.img, the recovery in the zip is NOT a replacement, it's just going to be used to temporary boot up into it so it can flash because for some reason adb doesn't work on the twrp version you have in there...anywho just copy and paste these files into the directory and it should work....also added a loopback if user inputs an incorrect option
(ex: instead of y or n they put q or 2 or something of that nature by accident) it will loop back and ask the question again

If you have RingPlus or some other non supported carrier then it will just continue with the boot normally like it would without doing any APN fix

Edit: Fixed some mistakes with the first 3 backups, accidentally forgot to replace /Backup at the end of the storage locations :p

This "should" be a final edit but I dunno depends on if I get bored or something :p

Attachments

• Flashall v3 script.zip
    12.7 MB · Views: 673
Last edited:
Reactions: dvdavid888
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones