• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Textra and APN Setting for MMS

TDOW

Feb 21, 2013
I know this is probably a dupe thread, but I need help.

I recently ditched GoSMS in favor of Textra because I could no longer tolerate the bloat.

Now I cannot sent MMS messages, but can still receive them. I need to know how to access the APN settings and what the actual APN settings are so I can use Textra to handle sending of MMS rather than the stock app.

I am running completely stock and unrooted. And OBV on Virgin Mobile USA...

Any help will be appreciated muchly! :eek:

Never mind. I found and fixed it. Apparently Textra not only requires the MMSC, they also require the MMS Proxy and Proxy Port. Entered all that info in and voila, it works.

For anyone else having that problem in Textra, go into settings -> MMS Settings -> Click on MMSC in APN settings and type (without quotes) "http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?"
Then go into MMS Proxy and type (without quotes) "205.239.233.136"
Then go into MMS Proxy port and type (without quotes) "81"

Fixed! :D

Upvote 0
Send Textra an email. They are really very responsive and might be able to point you to an SGS3 specific fix. The two emails I have sent them about issues were responded to within 12 hours.

I've emailed them before and yea they are very responsive but what they had me do want successful. Because we have no way to get to our access point names I couldn't be helped any further.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones