• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Textra App Without The Ads

;) Was looking into Changing my Text Messaging App to Textra, Not Keen on the Ads that automatically pop up with my Incoming Message list.. Question if I go for the Textra Pro will that eliminate the PopUp Ads ?? :rolleyes:

TOTALLY !!!

I love Textra Premium... well worth the piddling amount he charges.

Upvote 0
chopmSMS is by subscription. It is the best texting app I have ever seen. I do not recall weather or not there was an evaluation period. What does it say on Play Store?

,,, Thom

Contains Ads printed under Install Button... Textra SMS is Free with Ads , gives you the option to Upgrade to Textra Pro in 14 days and Removes the Ads.. The charge is $2.99. .??

Upvote 0
You can hide the stupid emojis in Chomp. They are there, but you can avoid them. I had to abandon Chomp and Textra for a bit. I was having trouble with phones and *TMO billing. I bought Chomp so it annoyed me not being able to use it.

Got the MXPE and went back to Chomp. Chomp recognized that I had purchased it, and I had the premium version as I soon as I put it on the phone. I don't use themes, either.

Textra wasn't bad, but it crashed after I forgot to clean out texts from the beginning of time.

I'd have to look, but if you could buy Textra, I probably did. I hate ads.

*The billing text was the problem. Couldn't get the confirmed payment text after one of TMO's "upgrades"
Lost it on the Nexus 4, the Oppo and even on the Moto. I did have other receipts. They might have fixed it.

Upvote 0
What Google told me ...

Updating to Textra Pro.
← Knowledge Base
Textra will ask you 14 days after install if you wish to Upgrade to Pro or continue Free with Ads.
You'll also see an option under Textra settings > Upgrade to Pro.
In the meantime thanks heaps for your interest. We appreciate it.
P.S The cost is US$2.99 or local equiv, this fee is a once only fee.

... Thom

Upvote 0
How do you do that?

... Thom

I forgot. But I have no way to get to them. They just don't appear except for the ASCII ones.
I keep changing keyboards. Right now I'm using Smart Keyboard. Swift annoyed me by not inserting the number or punctuation mark on a long press.

I don't want to get to them, either.

I must have bought Textra then.

If I went back to Hacker's keyboard, there is NO key for emoji.

Upvote 0
I for one N-E-V-E-R use them. (I also never use an explanation point. I worked at a place that had a corporate policy that you could never use two explanation points and you could ues one explanation point in only one instance ... War Ends!)

I use SwiftKey and they are there with chompSMS.

I have a feeling you got rid of them by changing keyboard apps.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones