1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Texts being sent twice - Go SMS Pro

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shigglyboo, Aug 9, 2012.

1. shigglyboo

shigglyboo Well-Known Member

One of my friends just told me that every time I text them they're receiving the message twice. Is this because both the stock app and Go SMS Pro are both sending the message?

I'm sure some of you are using 3rd party apps, the stock one is fairly limited in terms of user interface (I like the dark theme) and things like reminder notifications. Anybody had this issue? Got a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blh2012

blh2012 Well-Known Member

Have you cleared the defaults in the stock messaging app? If not, go to "Settings", then "apps", then go to Messaging. Scroll down and select "Clear Defaults".

3. shigglyboo

shigglyboo Well-Known Member

Is says "no defaults set".

There's an option in Go SMS that says "stock SMS uninstalled", even though the app is still there, I'd like it to behave as if the app was not installed.

If I look in the "messages" app there's a copy of every text conversation I've had. I cleared it out thinking I'd be removing duplicates and instead it cleared all the texts from both the Messages app and Go SMS. Somehow the two apps are essentially running simultaneously, but I get no notifications from Messages and use Go SMS exclusively. Really silly how "open" Android is but companies try to lock you down and force you to use their stuff... I wish rooting were easier on this phone.

4. notebooko

notebooko Android Enthusiast

I don't think it has anything to do with the stock messaging app. It may even be a carrier problem.

5. trippin

trippin Well-Known Member

If you have that option checked it tries to send the messages itself instead of using the stock app, since it's still installed just unchecked the option and your double messages should go away. If you tying double notifications you have to turn those off on the stock message app settings. Then everything should be working the way you want.

6. i2c

i2c Member

This happened to me when I used Go SMS Pro. I believe what is happening is, when a text fails to send on Go SMS Pro, it'll auto retry to send it. As you know, the EVO V 4G has an infamous problem of showing errors when texting, but the texts still getting delivered. So I believe that Go SMS Pro is correctly handling the error.

So if we can fix the Radio Interface Resource Shortage problem, Go SMS Pro will start working properly again. (i.e. not sending duplicates)