• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texts sending to the wrong recipient?!?

SRH12

Apr 28, 2011
Ok so I've learned to live with a few minor bugs and hiccups here and there found on android devices. For the most part they are pretty insignificant compared to the great things about the OS and its functionality.

However, my thunderbolt is sending SMS messages to the wrong person randomly. This is ridiculous! It seems to happen when I have large group of people in my recent messages list. At first I thought it was my mistake somehow, but just today I was texting my girlfriend (thank god this wasnt an embarrassing private convo, or the phone would shoved up a vzw sales rep's behind as we speak) but twice in a row I sent a text and watched it magically appear delivered to one of my other friends.

What a disgrace. So Ive heard there is a fix for this in gingerbread - aka the year old update that is about to be replaced in a month, which my thunderbolt still doesnt have yet. Shame on you htc/verizon. This is an unacceptable bug. Does anyone know of a temporary fix or app I can install while we wait for those jackwagons to address this?:mad:

I agree, it has been mentioned quite a bit here, but I am all for this fix being highly acknowledged. It is a TERRIBLE glitch. Like trying to call someone and it calls the wrong person...that's how it is with the text "glitch." Lots of people text more than call, be it to their boss, SO, parents, etc and how mainstream it is...it is unacceptable.

But Gingerbread is going to fix this in May 2011, so we should be good to go! /sarcasm

Upvote 0
Using Handcent, today I clicked on thread and it opened a thread near the bottom?

Also, I have had more then normal texts fail to send, and I had to retry...odd. I will continue using, but I feel like it is a bulky app, and I am a minimilistic person.

Just wish stock app worked, it's a fairly common problem for people too...

Upvote 0
I uninstalled Handcent, I just didn't like it at all. Different layout completely, bulky. Will try a few others. Hopefully, IF Gingerbread comes out for the bolt, this will be fixed. I would be happy if that was the only thing that was fixed...

Honestly, I cant disagree. This is now the main thing I'm looking for in GB. Kinda sad, eh?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones