• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texts show as phone # @vzwtext.com

clb2196

Android Enthusiast
Mar 1, 2011
Hi all- this is on my husband's behalf, he has an LG Revo, but I'm the geek of the family so I said I'd try to get this resolved. :)

He has his contacts inported from Google, with phone numbers. If he goes into my contact, for example, and hits the text button, it will show as being sent to me. But if he then goes into Messaging, it shows as being sent to [my#]@vzwtext.com, instead of showing my contact info. Also, I receive the text from [his#]@vzwtext.com, even though I have his # in my contacts.

Any ideas? I know that's how you send an email to a text message, by using vzwtext.com, but why would actual messages show up that way? If he goes into messages, he can't tell who any of his messages are from unless he has their phone #s memorized, or looks them up.

Should he need to change them? I've had multiple Android phones and never had to change gateway settings for SMS to work out of the box.

To clarify: there shouldn't be any email involved. He's trying to send a plain old SMS message from the stock messaging app to another phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones