1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Texts threads incomplete

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by SputnikdinsdaleIII, Apr 23, 2016.

1. SputnikdinsdaleIII

None

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    I'm new to Android and have a Motorola E second generation. Today I had a text exchange with someone (4 or 5 texts back and forth). Later I went to show the thread to someone else but only the last three texts were visible. I selected 'show more' but only one more message appeared. I can't work out how to see the rest of the thread - it seems to have disappeared. Any ideas why this happened or how I get to see the missing texts?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Never had a Motorola phone, and not knowing what Text app you are using, can't help you there.

I would highly suggest that you consider changing over to Textra, it has never, ever, once lost a message for me.

* Textra SMS - Android Apps on Google Play

3. SputnikdinsdaleIII

None

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Thanks - it's just the standard Android app that came with the phone - I didn't even realise that there would be other apps available for something as basic as texting!

I will bear Textra in mind if I get further issues, but in reality I send/receive only a handful of texts a month, sometimes none, so it is unlikely to be a major issue for me. It just seemed odd that texts that were visible one minute seemed to have disappeared the next. This text exchange was actually the first I had had on this phone so this was literally the only text thread on it, and I don't see how I could have accidentally deleted a batch without realising I had done so.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

4. SputnikdinsdaleIII

None

Apr 23, 2016
    Male
    Ha! What do you know - the missing texts have returned and the whole thread is now showing up. Go figure!