• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TF101 will only power on if I have it connected to external power

Dorrin

Lurker
Mar 15, 2013
Hello,

I have a TF101 that will only power on if I have it connected to external power and the battery does not charge. The battery shows as being at 27%. If I try to power it on without having it connected to a power outlet nothing happens. If I plug it in and power it on it turns on but does not show the battery as charging. While it's plugged in it works without issues but if I unplug it the tablet powers off. I have already tried returning it to factory default settings with no luck. I have also tried upgrading it to the latest firmware with no luck. I also have a TF300 and have tried charging it with that power connector but with the same results. Out of despiration I replaced the battery. Before battery replacement it behaved the same but was unable to detect what the battery level was at, making believe it was a battery issue. With the new battery it started at 25% and powered on normally. I then plugged it in to charge and after 5 minutes the charge symbol on the battery icon went away, it was at 31%. From there on I could still turn it on without the external power connected until it got down to 27% and now the issue is back.

I have only tried charging it via wall outlet as I do not have USB 3 on my computer to charge from.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thank you

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones