• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TF700 won't charge.

mfheinze

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
I have a TF700 with dock that I cannot get to charge. I have tried several chargers and cables but still nothing. I have also tried charging the TF700 and dock separately but they still won't charge. So what is going on with this? Is it time to replace it? It still has about 30% charge left on the TF700 battery but the dock is completely dead. Also, my computer no longer sees it when I plug it into the USB port. The keyboard still works and the TF700 recognizes it.
Thanks

I have a TF700 with dock that I cannot get to charge. I have tried several chargers and cables but still nothing. I have also tried charging the TF700 and dock separately but they still won't charge. So what is going on with this? Is it time to replace it? It still has about 30% charge left on the TF700 battery but the dock is completely dead. Also, my computer no longer sees it when I plug it into the USB port. The keyboard still works and the TF700 recognizes it.
Thanks
Try changing the USB cable.

Upvote 0
Thanks

I've sent mine in three times to have this issue fixed. Each time ASUS replaced the charger and some components inside the TF700T. After the last time, I always unplugged the charger from the wall prior to unplugging the tablet. Plus I plug into the tablet before plugging into the wall. The tablet has been running for almost two years without problems. I believe you will need to send it in for repair.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones