• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thank you Androidforums-Evo4g-All Things Root

lubberlick

Aug 1, 2011
Indianapolis
I would like to actually post a thread thanking the members of AF-Evo4g forums for all the help you give to everyone including myself.

I am amazed daily at the simply sincere assistance given out here. No one flames, no one gives up, and no one walks away without an answer.

I would like to specifically thank Ocnbrze and ask that anyone who he has helped with any situation post here and say thank you to him as well. He is the guy who maintains those stickies at the top of the page here that all of you know and love.

It came to my attention last night when I was helping a friend of mine root his Xperia X10 just how lucky we are to have these stickies detailing exactly everything we need to know. It was a nightmare trying to sort out just exactly everything needed on the X10 for the first time. I even boot looped his phone and almost got hit by the biggest black dude you ever saw because of it. Something that never would have happened here with this community.

i agree wholeheartedly that this forum is the best in the web. and AF rules above all others. and it is not because i'm a guide now that i'm saying it. i was a member of other sites and this forum here has the most members and is the most active(except maybe xda). but here, there is no flaming(which i personally do not tolerate) and everybody respect each other. all of my questions here always get answered. other forums it might take weeks before i would get someone to answer my question.

and as far as myself goes, all i'm doing is paying it forward. i was a noob like some of you guys this time last year almost. and seasoned folks like earlymon, akazabam, mr ed, novox77, frenchy714, and matlock all helped me out. i learned everything from them. so all i'm doing is just giving back the knowledge i got from them and giving it to you guys. if i have helped you along the way then that is all gravy for me.

Upvote 0
This is definitely the most helpful and friendly forum around. I too learned alot from Akazabam, Frenchy, Mr Ed, Ocn, Matlock, and I am sure more that I have forgotten the names. This forum is as good as it is because of those people and the help they freely offered. It just makes sense to pass on what we have learned to the ones that are in the same boat we were a year or so ago.

Upvote 0
I think OCN has answered about 90% of my questions lol...I say thanks to him for the time and knowledge he provides, along with the other senior members who have helped me too....This is by far the best android forum i have seen, and its because of you guys being as responsive as you are and always have an answer for every question....Also, id like to say thanks again OCN for all the guides he has made to make this whole thing so much easier to understand....I know some of the other senior members have made guides too and i thank you all as well...i know i've probly used all of them at one point or another and without them, i think my phone would have been bricked a long time ago lol......so on that note, Thanks again OCN and all the rest of the Senior Members...

Upvote 0
This is the thread that I've been meaning to post myself. I'm consistently amazed at the kindness and generosity displayed here on AF.

It's beyond what you would generally see even on a face to face basis. And THAT is truly unprecedented on the interwebs.

Thank you to Ocn and everyone else that make this such a wonderful community! As I learn more and more I fully intend to pay it forward.

Upvote 0
This forum is awesome. Thanks to the people, esp. ocnbrze, who spend so much time and effort helping us newbies. Even when we think we've searched the forum but the answer is right in front of us...they never flame us...they just keep on helping and trying to point us in the right direction.

I upgraded my rooted Evo 4g to a Photon when they figured out root thinking that I would have the same experience...NOT! I've since decided that I missed my Evo and have come back. Now on mikd4.5 and loving it. This was only possible because of this forum, all the wonderful stickies ocnbrze has published, and a lot of dedication. Thank you!

Upvote 0
hey guys thanx so much for the love, but i'm not the only one here. there are others here as well that contribute as well. so i want to give a shout out to some of the other guys here who help out as well.

so thanx goes to:
xtremedays, frenchy714, granite1, 9to5cynic, an urgetodance, esthernrob, youdofus, andyguy, ardchoille, beastinbolts, and novox77. i know i'm forgetting a few others. and if i do, i apologize.

but i also have noticed the new crop of members come in and and help out now as well. so i want to give a shout out to you guys. thanx so much on giving back and making this the best place to be if you have a rooted evo. keep up the good work.

ok guys now get your flash on.:D

Upvote 0
I saw my name here and there in a few posts. I appreciate the recognition :)

I'm very happy to see this forum still so active after all this time. The story is familiar. A member comes here with no clue about rooting; the existing members help; that member learns more and more; and one day, that member is recognized by the community by threads like this.

That's what these forums are about. Today's newbies are tomorrow's experts. We remember our roots and give back. It's amazing to think that 14 months ago, I couldn't even tell you what Android is.

Enjoy full root, and don't forget to do your NANDroid backups :)

Upvote 0
+1 to Android Forums:D:D:D:D

I started looking at Android forums back when I bought the Hero 10/09. Many moons later, here I am hoping to guide others on the right path. Without these forums and the help of many helpful people, I might have given up on finding root. Starting with JB in AZ, Kelmar, 330D...... and now in the Evo 4G section, all are extremely helpful and I say thank you:)

Thanks to these forums for helping me and guiding me when troubles arise! Hopefully I can pass on the knowledge that others have shown me in the future:D

Upvote 0
YESS, mad props to the gurus!
I wanted to give a special thanks to Andy, he got me started with my Hero. He actually convinced me to root the Hero in the first place! Also DonB, LPBheretic, mahalocat, the list goes on and on. The forum over there is exactly the same, everyone helps, everyone benefits!

Do a search on any of us and all of our posts started in the same place. We're all noobs at one time, just be positive, pay it forward!

Upvote 0
YESS, mad props to the gurus!
I wanted to give a special thanks to Andy, he got me started with my Hero. He actually convinced me to root the Hero in the first place! Also DonB, LPBheretic, mahalocat, the list goes on and on. The forum over there is exactly the same, everyone helps, everyone benefits!

Do a search on any of us and all of our posts started in the same place. We're all noobs at one time, just be positive, pay it forward!

Thanks for all you do Granite:D:D:D:D

Still flashing roms on the Hero? They've got a pretty stable sense rom out there now:D [ROM][Sense 2.3.3] WildHeroc RC2.1 [8-28-11] - xda-developers

Upvote 0
I'll throw in my thanks here too. I am extremely grateful to everyone on this forum -- I was very nervous about the whole process of rooting and flashing not too long ago, but have learned so much from the very helpful and amazingly patient folks here on this forum. Can't thank you all enough for helping me develop and feed this addiction. ;)

Upvote 0
This website has been so helpful! I just wanted to say thanks! i was going to pay someone $30 to root and flash just because I had an APPLE. With the help of OCN, I was able to pocket that $30 and flash CM7(the best AOSP out there!!!!!) Now only if i can get my custom boot to work properly i will probably marry this phone in Vegas next week! LOL!! But thanks Androidfourms for keeping that money in my pocket!

Upvote 0
This website has been so helpful! I just wanted to say thanks! i was going to pay someone $30 to root and flash just because I had an APPLE. With the help of OCN, I was able to pocket that $30 and flash CM7(the best AOSP out there!!!!!) Now only if i can get my custom boot to work properly i will probably marry this phone in Vegas next week! LOL!! But thanks Androidfourms for keeping that money in my pocket!

moved your thread with this one. as it is very on topic. you can still forward me the $30:D
i kid i kid.

if you need help with bootanimations follow this thread and post if you need help there: http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/401030-custom-boot-animation.html

Reactions: lubberlick
Upvote 0
Actually, that $30 might be used to become a premium member? I'm not sure the costs of premium membership, but I'd guess $30 would be appreciated. And I'd get karma for this suggestion..? (I don't know much about karma, so I could be wrong on that one.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones