• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thank you Colchiro!! (again)

josepha24

Jul 3, 2012
I finally got my NC to turn on...thanks SO much!
I used the restore to 1.3 thread and thankfully, I had saved the restore 1.3 zip, from a prior incident :rolleyes:!

Now, another question. (such a noob)

I previously disabled OTA with Sqlite editor. I would now like to upgrade my unrooted 1.3 to 1.4.1 or 1.4.3 and then root.
The NC is not recognizing the stock 1.4.3 image from B & N. Do I now have to root my 1.3 and then install Sqlite editor and change the value, to allow updates? I was under the impression that since I supposedly, "restored to stock 1.3", that OTA block would be uninstalled.
Sorry, if this is a silly question. I would really appreciate some guidance on how to go from here. I want to stay with a stock ROM and root with manual nooters.
Again, thanks to all who deal with the "Noob syndrome"!

Sorry, I have no experience with B&N software so bear with me.

If you restored to stock 1.3 and wiped data, it should update on it's own (whether you want it to or not :D), as long as it's idle and wifi turned on.

If you didn't wipe data and you still had apps and settings immediately on boot, it might not update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones