• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thank you thread for 985hPaKicK

Thanks your recovery is great. But i'm stuck on pgs cm10. after flashing I can reinstall your
app, but it won't let me boot into recovery on cm10. You would be a real lifesaver if you could add cm10 support. i am getting Security error morning call is empty when I try to launch it under cm10.

Upvote 0
Security error morning call is empty

Dude I already said I tried that.
I need an alternate way to flash a kernel or recovery. L2einit won't work it has no support for cm10. Is there any solution or am I screwed because I didn't put a custom kernel on before installing cm10? Is there another app like L2einit that will let me flash a custom kernal or recovery on cm10 that is an apk I could copy to /system? I'd try flashing freedom kernel if I had a Way to do it. I'd hard reset to go to stock and use L2einit to install a custom kernel if I knew I wouldn't brick the phone. If I have to go that route I might try it after pgs next cm10 revision. Right now most things are functional but I'm stuck on cm10 with stock kernel and no recovery.

Upvote 0
Ummm.. Hang on dude... Unbrick method. That seems like your only hope, before you hard brick it.. Get the phone into download mode asap and install stock, before you can not even get it to boot into download mode. That is what I would do.. Recovery is compatible with cm10. Bobz build has it pre-installed. It works. Not sure where you went wrong, haven't seen anyone else with this problem.

Upvote 0
I would have never attempted l2einit install if I knew cm10 was supposed to have a custom recovery.
I also don't see how unbricking it right away since it is working currently will be any different than unbricking it later.
I may just leave it alone. Live without recovery and unbrick later if installing recovery through adbcan brick it badly.

Upvote 0
The volume seems to be strangely improving.
Its the wife's phone and its currently working.
I've taken nandroids on many devices just in case.
Never had to use even one.
The consensus would say to unbrick when necessary.
It took so long for a recovery because of locked bootloader and I had the phone rooted stock from day one. I had no nandroid backups till I gave the phone away. I still have the one stock nandroid and can restore after an unbrick. Necessary meaning PG has a new cm10 ROM to flash that fixes all issues. If there is no need to flash a ROM at the present time it isnt an issue. Would be nice to make a nandroid before an update but I've lived so long without one that the cost of screwing it up right now isn't worth the effort or benefits since this ROM has issues anyway and I'll just scrub it when a better one comes out and have no choice. If it isn't broke don't fix it. Why unbrick what's not bricked until I have no choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones