• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thank you to the contributors on the board

Kaflly

Lurker
Oct 8, 2015
I'd like to thank everyone here who gives their time and knowledge to help those of us who don't know about their phones, rooting, or how to correct problems they have thank you.

Recently all my or ringtones changed without my doing it. Then I noticed my icons would disappear from my home screen and my wallpaper would change.

I thought it was a virus, but learned Virgin Mobile had caused this and the only way to remove the problem was to root my phone.

I wasted an entire Saturday trying until I found the post here about needing to revert to an older version of the phones software.

Only a few hours figuring out I had to have an SD card to do all this.

My phone went black twice and was locked up or bricked I believe and I thought it was shot, but the fix was here.

I've tried three roms and settled on L Awe 2.5 Beta.

To be honest,the first two I tried I liked but I got to a point I screwed them up because I didn't fully understand some of the crucial files and apps and hadn't backed them up a) at all and b) properly so I lost everything and had to start over.

I now have more than one backup.

There are still a few things I want to do, but I'm so much happier with my phone.

I have to ask, does anyone have a suggestion on a voicemail app or a way to get rid of that update message and forced download?

Skipping it or downloading it does nothing.

Once again thank you all.

I'd like to thank everyone here who gives their time and knowledge to help those of us who don't know about their phones, rooting, or how to correct problems they have thank you.

Recently all my or ringtones changed without my doing it. Then I noticed my icons would disappear from my home screen and my wallpaper would change.

I thought it was a virus, but learned Virgin Mobile had caused this and the only way to remove the problem was to root my phone.

I wasted an entire Saturday trying until I found the post here about needing to revert to an older version of the phones software.

Only a few hours figuring out I had to have an SD card to do all this.

My phone went black twice and was locked up or bricked I believe and I thought it was shot, but the fix was here.

I've tried three roms and settled on L Awe 2.5 Beta.

To be honest,the first two I tried I liked but I got to a point I screwed them up because I didn't fully understand some of the crucial files and apps and hadn't backed them up a) at all and b) properly so I lost everything and had to start over.

I now have more than one backup.

There are still a few things I want to do, but I'm so much happier with my phone.

I have to ask, does anyone have a suggestion on a voicemail app or a way to get rid of that update message and forced download?

Skipping it or downloading it does nothing.

Once again thank you all.
Go to a kk or lollipop ROM as for voice mail have to look on play store

Upvote 0
I have a copy of the VM visual voice-mail APK, if you need it. As I recall, it runs on L Awe or any other stock-based ROM.
Feel free to send a message of you're still looking for it.
Additionally, while I don't participate in this forum as much as some users, and perhaps don't give back to the community as much as I would like, I definitely hold this community in high esteem.
It sounds like many of the developers here are moving to the Warp 4G. It seems as though there are a couple of versions of the ZTE Warp through Boost; which one is the version being actively developed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones