• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thank you.

Thunderdr

Apr 17, 2018
Just a quick post to let you guys know that I appreciate all your hard work. Without you guys there would be no custom roms for the moto e4 plus.

I especially want to thank bcrichster. Because of him there are a variety of custom roms to choose from.

I also want to say that I've tried most of the roms and they all work aside from the fingerprint scanner and sometimes the screen lock crashes under the security settings. Great roms otherwise.

I initially had a ZTE max xl but apparently it's not able to be rooted, etc..etc... So I decided to buy a moto e4 plus.

Anyway, thanks again. I usually lurk on this forum 6 or 7 times a day to see what else I can download and test out.

I just created this account to say thank you from myself and from all the other people who lurk on this forum and don't say anything.

Keep up the excellent work.

Hello there !
That's good to hear and very nice of you to post that @Thunderdr :D

I"m sure @bcrichster will appreciate your gratitude. He does some halfway decent work I suppose :p jk bud, kudos to you @bcrichster !
Hey that's awesome to hear, Thank You, guys! Great to hear this. Anything I can do to help, lemme know. I'm trying to get them better but I still feel like a noob

Also, speaking of roms...

Amarc78, what happened to the dotos rom? Several people want to try it but the link is dead. 404

Me, personally, I like to test all the latest roms. I play with it for a week or less and then I'll flash another one.
0lz see/his answer here:
https://androidforums.com/threads/owens-qualcomm-twrp-recovery-v3-2-1-0.1262722/#post-7745266

Upvote 0
Any new roms cooking? I'm itching to try one lol. I've tried all of the ones you have. I think the fingerprint scanners are broken on all but one of them. Also, I noticed some random system ui crashes. Anyway, I'm back to lineageos... for now. At least until you create more roms for me to test.... obsessively.

Any word on getting oreo running on this device?

Also, a bit off topic, anyone working on any away to get the ZTE max xl unlocked? I still have my ZTE, and I actually like it, but I read that it's pretty hopeless in terms of rooting, custom roms, etc... So I bought the e4 plus. I'd like to go back to it, but not if there is no hope for it. Any updates?

Reactions: Some Guy Here
Upvote 0
Any new roms cooking? I'm itching to try one lol. I've tried all of the ones you have. I think the fingerprint scanners are broken on all but one of them. Also, I noticed some random system ui crashes. Anyway, I'm back to lineageos... for now. At least until you create more roms for me to test.... obsessively.

Also, a bit off topic, anyone working on any away to get the ZTE max xl unlocked? I still have my ZTE, and I actually like it, but I read that it's pretty hopeless in terms of rooting, custom roms, etc... So I bought the e4 plus. I'd like to go back to it, but not if there is no hope for it. Any updates?
Yes, I am working on more ROMs but it's been difficult learning and dealing with some of the errors but I'm still trying to learn as we go. Maybe we'll get lucky today..

Upvote 0

check the Root guide

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones