1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thank you!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yohoho151rum, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Yohoho151rum

Yohoho151rum Lurker

I've been lurking on these forums for months and decided to finally register to post. First off, I'd like to thank all the helpful people in here, they had some really great information that I've used.

I've had my Hero since 06/10 and rooted it a couple months back, been running CM6 for a while. I just decided to flash CM7 and it's up and running... I've had it going for about 5 minutes now and love it so far! I love when flashing a new ROM how it makes the phone feel new and exciting again.

I read these forums for a while before I finally got the guts to root and flash a new ROM as I was utterly sick of 2.1 and the lagginess that caused more frustration than I was up for... Many times I wanted to throw the phone to the ground in anger when it'd freeze in the middle of typing out a text but was able to calm myself down and think how much it would suck to have no phone at all.

Anyways, I mainly just wanted to say thanks to everyone who puts so much time and effort into this community and to keep up the excellent work as it is appreciated. I definitely respect the Dev's of all of these ROM's as well.

P.S. I've only had one problem while my phone has rooted and I thought someone might get a kick out of it. I had SetCPU installed and my clumsy finger set my MAX frequency to 19 mhz.... LOL Obviously the phone became unresponsive and was basically a paperweight at that point. I wiped all data and flashed again (whilst sweating bullets) and luckily enough it was fine. That app is no longer installed on my phone. ;)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert

I am glad to hear that you have benefited from peoples' knowledge in these forums. I know I have too. :)

As for the setCPU flub, a friend of mine set his to around the same speed by mistake and had to reflash everything as well. It happens, so do not feel bad. ;)

3. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Welcome to the forums. We hope you will stick around and participate!

4. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Wow that must of been like the DSL turtle in the Comcast commercial, LOL :D

FYI thus the reason why GB is nice has an option in the CM settings to set it at specific speeds, and easy to see, lol

[​IMG]

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews