• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thank you!

D

Deleted User

Hey guys,

I have had my Desire for around 8 months now and I have now got it exactly how I like it... I am using GingerVillain custom ROM with Apps2SD+, I have S-OFF, Using a custom kernel and much more!

I also now know that I want to keep my Desire and upgrade it in 2012 when my contract is up.

But I couldn't have done it without the help from all you awesome people on Android Forums! So in this post I just want to say thank you to people like SUroot, Rastaman-FB, Hadron, Usta, EddyOS, Kibbster, kewlbuddy and all the others who I haven't mentioned that have helped me with get my Desire how I like it!

Thanks again, Aaron :)

I really want a Sensation too but im keeping my Desire because I have only had it 8 months, I get an upgrade Jan 2012, and I don't really have the money for a new phone now + I love rooting and that stuff you get with the Desire :)

Also williamj1 - you are one that i forgot to mention ;D

Upvote 0
I could of/should of put an identical post to this. Like you have my desire just how i want it and am one happy bunny. 1 that was missed out who i must give thanks to aswell is Infernal Byte.....The Root Forum guinea pig, without some of his escapades/solutions (rils mainly lol ) we'd probably all be that little less wiser. So thanks again to you all and Infernal byte. :D

Upvote 0
Being honest, reading the issues people are having on the Vodafone forum is making me think twice - depends on whether the unbranded handsets are better. There's already 3 RUU about for the unbranded Sensations so it looks like HTC are gearing up to update any initial bugs found in the Vodafone version

Had a hold of an SGS2 the other day - it is nice but I can't bring myself to use TouchWank

Upvote 0
Being honest, reading the issues people are having on the Vodafone forum is making me think twice - depends on whether the unbranded handsets are better. There's already 3 RUU about for the unbranded Sensations so it looks like HTC are gearing up to update any initial bugs found in the Vodafone version

Had a hold of an SGS2 the other day - it is nice but I can't bring myself to use TouchWank

Lol yeah it's pretty horrible isn't it. Although the Sensation is nice why not do what I am doing, Keep your Desire a bit longer and save the money for something even better than Sensation. The Desire is still a great phone! But afterall it's your choice :)

Upvote 0
Yes the Desire has issues and you have to root to fix them... But isn't that half the fun?

Used to be, not any more. Only reason I root is to remove the apps I don't want and to use A2SD+ - that's it

OK, the Sensation will have apps/widgets I'll never use but at least I'd have 1GB of space out the box. Last thing I'll do with my Desire is make my own official 2.3 ROM once the RUU has leaked and then I'll look for a new handset

Upvote 0
Just wanted to say thanks to all as well. Had my Desire since last May. I have been tempted to root since Christmas. Finally took the plunge on Sunday after reading all the threads on here. Was bricking it. No need to though. Went a dream. Its like having a new phone all over again. So thank you to all who have posted info on rooting and installing rom's.

Upvote 0
I don't see the big problem with the newest version of touchwiz. I mean it's not perfect sure, but it has a lot of cracking features for a start. And a lot of it is stock.
Plus, I would probably stick ADX launcher or something on it anyway. Not really a biggie for me, especially as it can be rooted.

I'm eager to see reviews of the sensation. If the camera and things live up to that of the SGS2, then I'd probably choose the HTC. I've moaned a lot about them not being rootable lately. But I think I'm going to contradict myself a bit...

I never disliked sense. I actually really liked it. I only rooted to get better storage. And once I rooted, I thought I might as well try new roms etc. From that, I moved to other ROMS.

But don't get me wrong, I loved sense. As I say, if things like the camera, battery and so on turn out well, I'm sure I could cope. And if it gets rooted, even better. That's what keeps drawing me towards the samsung, the fact that its rootable. Shame it has no real dev community. Problem is, where will the Desire lot go? Cause I want to follow them :p

Apparently so, there is a transcript between HTC and someone saying it is and it has Sense 2.1

As always I'll believe when I see it but I'm already using a leaked version for the Desire in my ROM and it seems OK. No new Sense as yet but I'm sure it'll arrive

I really doubt "new sense" will ever arrive for the Desire. It's already had Froyo, now Gingerbread. There is no real reason to support it beyond now, as soon the 18 month contract people will be upgrading. If it doesn't come in Gingerbread, I don't think it will ever come, as I don't think we will get any upgrades beyond gingerbread.

Plus, with custom roms, who needs official stock OTA updates anyway :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones