• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scotts Droid

Oct 10, 2013
Hello,
First post here, though I have been looking/lurking around Phandroid since buying into the original Droid over 4 years ago.
This post, and my joining up, was mostly to thank Thom and some of the others who help out with questions (from others) and opinions regarding devices. I have purchased devices based on things I have read and learned here.
My last device was a Bionic I bought a little over 2 years ago. Coming from the original Droid it was amazing. I really liked the device especially after the JB upgrade and had no reason to want something different. A couple of weeks ago the speaker in the Bionic stopped working and then started working a day later. That lasted about a week and then it stopped working once more. I did call Motorola and they ran some checks and had me do some things with the phone but they really had no idea what was wrong with it.
Based on Thom's recommendation from the Bionic forum I had already been researching the Maxx and bought one a little over a week ago. Great device and I do expect I will have it for a while.

Again, thank you Thom and others who unknowingly helped a brother out!

Scott :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones