• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Thanks for the memories, Evo 4G

andygu3

Android Expert
May 24, 2010
Lewis Center, OH
Although I'm not around as often as I once was, I wanted to say thanks to all the helpful individuals(too many to name:beer:) in this section. The last 2 years have been great and I still believe that we'll probably never see development on another phone as we did with the Evo 4G. For those that were on this ride for the last 2 years with the amazing developers, we had fun and are still having fun even though development has slowed down considerably. So here's to the Evo 4G and the greatest section in these great forums, thanks:) I'll be moving on but hope to see you around;)

My Evo 4G Top 5 roms for the last 2 years:D

5. Culkulin EViO series
4. Reloaded
3. CM7
2. Virus's Synergy
1. MikG

Happy Holidays and I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year:D

Nice! Kinda embarrassed bymy next top 5 but its not a top 5....Its a top 2 LOL. Yeah, I've only ran 2 roms since rooting. I've flashed only 2 others but those lasted a day at most :p
1. Mikg 3.11
2. Decks Reloaded!!
Tried AOKP and Smurfmod.

I agree with andygu! This phone was the best of its time and I just happened to get lucky to get one of these as my first "real" smartphone:)

As of today, 12-21-12, my Evo will be retired if all goes according to plan, and I will be moving to the SG 3 on Verizon. :D

And yes, I will always be in the OG forums!

Upvote 0
Just make sure you keep a eye on the Evo forum and good luck to all that move on!! :D......It will be a while longer before I put my Evo away

Yep. Me too. My wife is using mine and her old one is being used by the kid.

My top 5:

1. Decks Reloaded
2. Decks
3. Mikg 3.11
4. Koni's Elite Series
5. Strike! ICS

Upvote 0
If there is a way, I'll find it here eh?
Gonna run it stock for a couple weeks, make sure no hardware issues and familiarize myself with it, then....ROOT BABY!!:D
I don't really follow anything on Verizon but I know that awhile back there was a leaked bootloader crack, so as far as I know, the VZW S3 is every bit as hackable as the other carriers.

Reactions: dustwun77
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What are you getting as a replacement?

Note 2

The Evo will always be my first "love" :p

Absolutely enjoyed everything about the phone, I'll still flash some roms as my daughter has my wife's og when she updated to the s3.

I know,, :( not my choice as the bossman wanted to go with Verizon and away from Sprint...
However, if I had stayed with Sprint, I would have gotten the LTE for sure:)

Just got the phone activated so my Evo is officially retired but never forgotten!

For me, the evolte was never in my upgrade thought process. It was down to the s3 or the Note and I got the Note for $229 so it was a great deal for me :)

Upvote 0
Dang, how in the heck can that thing fit in a pocket? Baggy pockets ftw.

Fits fine in jean pockets and it only took, maybe ten minutes to get used to the larger screen size. Unbelievable performance and battery life so.... I'm happy I made the decision to get the Note and with more developers coming on board, it looks like it's going to be a well received device for Sprint :)

Upvote 0
Just make sure you keep a eye on the Evo forum and good luck to all that move on!! :D......It will be a while longer before I put my Evo away

If I am correct, this is the subforum with the most posts. The EVO 4G was a groundbreaking phone ushering in the awesomeness we see today. Will any other phone have as much activity on this forum?

I too will be hanging onto my EVO for a bit longer. I unrooted for some service work a year ago, and just decided today to root again and flash some ROMs. Everytime I feel the need to buy a new phone, i just get a new ROM and it feels "new" again.

When quad core phones start being more common, I'll probably upgrade. Right now, LG has one and the Galaxy Note II are quad core. The next gen of phones will be quad cores, so here it comes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones