• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks to the iP5, wife now wants an S3. Thank u Apple

I dont know what your talking about.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

In this video the guy is basically trying to scrape the back with his keys and the keys did absolutely nothing to the anodized coating and it looks pretty tough to me. there is something most likely wrong with your wifes i5 i suggest you go return it and get a replacement for free

His wife already returned it and got the S3

Reactions: 3vodroid
Upvote 0
I dont know what your talking about.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

In this video the guy is basically trying to scrape the back with his keys and the keys did absolutely nothing to the anodized coating and it looks pretty tough to me. there is something most likely wrong with your wifes i5 i suggest you go return it and get a replacement for free

My man...ya gotta give it a rest! Everyone I know who went out and bought the i5 in black has opened it up to scratches around that painted bezel. It is what it is.

Upvote 0
My man...ya gotta give it a rest! Everyone I know who went out and bought the i5 in black has opened it up to scratches around that painted bezel. It is what it is.

Paint? ummm Okay ill pretend you never said that... but its pretty stupid to claim that every iPhone is like that, there not at all, i have seen a few of my friends black iphone 5's and i really inspected them and saw all flawless phones. I guess some people just got unlucky and got dinged up devices it happens, all you have to do is get a free replacement and your okay. Its the price of being a early adopter of a new smartphone where all the manufacture kinks are present until a month in where it starts to clear up. Im not worried about getting a scratched iphone, every iphone i had gotten came out flawless out the box.

Upvote 0
My man...ya gotta give it a rest! Everyone I know who went out and bought the i5 in black has opened it up to scratches around that painted bezel. It is what it

Okay when i bought my GS3 brand new, it came with a loose volume rocker and light leakage through the home button and a few slight hairline scratches running across the back, so im going to assume alot of other people got defective s3's that came out scratched out the box or with some other problems, but its ok we dont live in a perfect world, electronics will never always be 100%... shit happens i dont really care because its just a cell phone

Upvote 0
Okay but its pretty stupid to claim that every iPhone is like that, there not at all, i have seen a few of my friends black iphone 5's and i really inspected them and saw all flawless phones. I guess some people just got unlucky and got dinged up devices it happens, all you have to do ia get a free replacement and your okay. Its the price of being a early adopter of a new smartphone where all the manufacture kinks are present until a month in where it starts to clear up. Im not worried about getting a scratched iphone, everyiphone i had gotten came out flawless out the box.

I guess I don't prescribe to your mantra that early adopters to a new product should accept mediocrity. I pay full price for my phones and have them shipped to my house because I can't stand being locked into a contract. So, when I pay $500 to $600 for a phone, I expect them to be perfect, regardless of they were the very first units built.
Do you spend thousands on a tv and just accept that the display it messed up and it sits crooked on the stand?
And by the way, I had one of the very first S3's produced and it was flawless. Just bought another and it was flawless. While we were exchanging the iphone at the AT&T store, 2 more people with iphone 5's came in with issues related to the quality of the phone. Sorry, but this is a major issue for Apple and it is not acceptable to simply say, "Well, its Apple, so just live with it." Nope, homie don't play that way,

Upvote 0
Paint? ummm Okay ill pretend you never said that... but its pretty stupid to claim that every iPhone is like that, there not at all, i have seen a few of my friends black iphone 5's and i really inspected them and saw all flawless phones. I guess some people just got unlucky and got dinged up devices it happens, all you have to do is get a free replacement and your okay. Its the price of being a early adopter of a new smartphone where all the manufacture kinks are present until a month in where it starts to clear up. Im not worried about getting a scratched iphone, every iphone i had gotten came out flawless out the box.

Of course not every iPhone 5 has those problems. But saying that this is the price for being an early adopter is strange.

Does that mean that the first 5 million phones were made with no QC and whatever you get you get?

Upvote 0
My man...ya gotta give it a rest! Everyone I know who went out and bought the i5 in black has opened it up to scratches around that painted bezel. It is what it

Okay when i bought my GS3 brand new, it came with a loose volume rocker and light leakage through the home button and a few slight hairline scratches running across the back, so im going to assume alot of other people got defective s3's that came out scratched out the box or with some other problems, but its ok we dont live in a perfect world, electronics will never always be 100%... shit happens i dont really care because its just a cell phone

I didn't know that the s3's home button had a light in them?

Upvote 0
I have had a iPhone 5 for a week comparing it to my S3, the loser gets sold. My S3 won.

DSC00138_zps0f339e8f.jpg

Upvote 0
Of course not every iPhone 5 has those problems. But saying that this is the price for being an early adopter is strange.

Does that mean that the first 5 million phones were made with no QC and whatever you get you get?

Im saying with every smartphone launch there will be defective units and it clears up usually after a month when mass manufacturing takes place.

I have seen a few of my friends iphones 5's and there were flawless and i really inspected them so this "issue" is smaller then it is

I never have gotten a defective iphone or scratches out the box so i will be alright.

Upvote 0
Hey, new S3 user here as of 2 days ago. Love it already, looking forward to research and loading/replacing stock apps, rooting, etc. Love the control, what have I been missing all these years with the iPhone!

Actually, my 3GS worked great for 3+ years, I never even upgraded. Never had any issues with it, had tons of apps, etc. But we just preordered the iphone 5, I set it up, and have worse coverage in my house than my old phone. All of my kids have 3GS's as well, they could be standing right next to me and they can make/receive calls and I had no coverage. We are in a fringe area between 3G and 4G, I think something with the new design, antenna, etc. was causing issues. Thought maybe I had a bad phone or sim card, but while swapping out etc. I researched Droid phones and had to switch to S3.

So yesterday (1 week after I setup my new iphone), I was setting up my wife's. As expected, same issues, so back to the store with that one. Surprisingly, my wife said to pick her up a S3 as well! I'm sure I'll be playing the IT Support role as usual in the house to get her all setup, but so far I got everything off her iphone, set her up with a few apps - Pandora, Facebook, etc. - and as I go along and find cool stuff will just do the same to her phone.

Funny, if Apple hadn't screwed up with the new phone I would have never ventured into the Droid realm. My kids are already wanting to upgrade for the bigger screen etc., but they will have to wait a year until their upgrades are available...

Scott

Edit: I had no scratches on my iphone or my wife's, but I heard that was a problem as well. And it actually worked when I was out and about, just not in my house - kind of important... :)

Upvote 0
Just returned my un-opened iPhone 5 64GB to the AT&T store for a Blue Galaxy SIII.

Having only owned iPhone's I hadn't recently performed a comparison. Obviously, after having done so, I chose the S3.

Happy to be out of the clutches of Apple/iTunes -- free, free at last!

Welcome!

It's silly to say this, but it is quite amazing how liberating it feels to break out of the Apple/iPhone/itunes prison. I made the move about 3 weeks ago. Needless to say, I had a very hard time trying to convince myself it was the right thing to do, having owned so much media purchased on itunes (90% of which was unusable with the SG3 due to Apple's ridiculous DRM)

But as hard as it was for me to make that decision, I did, and haven't once looked back. It feels great to be using a platform that gives me options. I'm never again falling in to Apple's trap, and I encourage anyone on the fence to make the jump. You will feel so much better afterwords.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones