• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The 2.1 Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has any proof of anything...it's all speculation and rumors still.

Exactly. However, I have watched the Hero's Wikipedia for quite some time and they dont just post random rumors on it at all. Must be a pretty good indication that info is correct for them to post it. However, they dont specify if thats GSM or CDMA either. So as I said, we'll see.

Upvote 0
Sprint has to port over their apps (Nav, NFL, Stocks, etc.), then test them heavily. From the reports by the employees I've read on the Sprint Community, the 2.1 update is already at Sprint, and undergoing testing.

That would mean that HTC and Google have done their part, and we're waiting on Sprint to finish whatever battery of tests their doing.

Upvote 0
Yea, I just saw that. One would think the CDMA and GSM updates should be pretty close to each other?

They ARE not the same... Quite different actually.

Also, why ANOTHER 2.1 thread, and what exactly is your preoccupation with it?
Could you not just have updated another one of your 2.1 threads?

It's all good, but annoying at the same time to continually see threads and comments when someone, or a site, or the corner hot dog vendor is talking about a 2.1 update and then the rush here to be the first to report it.

Move on already... All good things come to those who wait...

:cool:

Upvote 0
when it gets here it gets here.. not a minute sooner...
Amen brother, I'm getting really sick of this speculation crap that has been going on since October. Bottom line........NO one at the Sprint stores knows its date, NO one here knows its date, and NO one at any of the online tech magazines (including Engadget, Gizmodo, Android Central, or T3) have a clue to its release date. Lets let this rest until Sprintgives official word guys....it is beyond annoying.

Upvote 0
Amen brother, I'm getting really sick of this speculation crap that has been going on since October. Bottom line........NO one at the Sprint stores knows its date, NO one here knows its date, and NO one at any of the online tech magazines (including Engadget, Gizmodo, Android Central, or T3) have a clue to its release date. Lets let this rest until Sprintgives official word guys....it is beyond annoying.

I am getting sick of speculation of phones coming to Sprint based on some guys sneek shot he took with his phones camera. Do I go around in every thread crying about it? Nope. If you are so tired of it, why click the thread genius? Go troll elsewhere,

Upvote 0
I am getting sick of speculation of phones coming to Sprint based on some guys sneek shot he took with his phones camera. Do I go around in every thread crying about it? Nope. If you are so tired of it, why click the thread genius? Go troll elsewhere,

accually he's not trolling. he just clicked the link because he thought maybe it was a legit thread......and then noticed your the OP so he just wanted to see what your getting into now...........or at least thats why i did it!

two days and two threads started by you that make no sense. th incredible and the supersonic are two completely different phones, and then from a wiki page you say that we're getting it next month when you really didn't read the article and because you didn't think that our hero(hacked kernel to support cdma) was different from the gsm hero and on top of all that the article was two weeks old

Upvote 0

+1

Upvote 0
If it happens, I'll keep my Hero and upgrade to a far better phone than the N1 in October. Same thing if the Supersonic comes to Sprint before the 2.1 update comes through (and before October).

Not to mention I'll save basically a thousand bucks a year by staying with Sprint, based on Verizon's unlimited everything plan costing about a a hundred bucks a month (might be a little over, no real idea).

I'd much rather have Sprint test the crap out of it and give me an update with virtually no bugs, than release it right away and have people like you complain about all the problems

Upvote 0
If it happens, I'll keep my Hero and upgrade to a far better phone than the N1 in October. Same thing if the Supersonic comes to Sprint before the 2.1 update comes through (and before October).

Not to mention I'll save basically a thousand bucks a year by staying with Sprint, based on Verizon's unlimited everything plan costing about a a hundred bucks a month (might be a little over, no real idea).

I'd much rather have Sprint test the crap out of it and give me an update with virtually no bugs, than release it right away and have people like you complain about all the problems

yeah, look at all the problems with the n1 now, im kinda glad sprint is making sure it works b4 releasing!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones