1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General The 300 is apparently the "revised" Prime for some retailers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Apr 14, 2012.

1. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Best Buy is getting the 300, but no sign of the Prime. Ditto for Staples.

I wonder how hard it would be to cut a slot on the Prime back panel, since seems the Prime will not ship with revised panel.

Advertisement

2. Corootai

Corootai Member
    None

Nov 24, 2011
    Full time Student
    Tampa Bay,Florida
    i'm thinking i may have ended up getting a revised model due to buying through a place like best buy,gamestop and other places. i'm not getting of the gps or the wifi problems that everyone is talking about. i'm using the 32 gig grey/purple model from gamestop. it was a great steal being like 100 bucks less then what most people wanted for it. woot for paying for 499 rather then 599 XD

3. Shel

Shel Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 21, 2008
    I purchased my Transformer Prime (Grey) from Best Buy, and my wi-fi has been working great, both at home, at a recent stay in a hotel and at restaurants.

GPS has been touch and go... one day, it shows NO satellites, the next it shows something like 8-12, with a lock on four or five!

Recently, whenever I test out the GPS, it's showing strong signals, and when I launch my map program, it pinpoints my exact location.

Overall, I've been THRILLED with my Transformer Prime!

Still have a couple of weeks where I could return it, but I don't have any plans to do so!

Really love it! Even my wife, a die-hard Apple fan (iPad 2, iPhone, iPod, Mac computers) has said that "well, in SOME areas, Android does seem nicer then the iPad!

4. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    I think the new iPad rocks, but if I could only have one tablet, it would be Android. I did not have the same luck as some others with Prime wifi range. Could care less about gps, but wifi needs to be as good as my Thrive, View and iPad.

I may consider the 300 if it has an IPS panel (know it is not the same display as the Prime), since no aluminum back. $100 less than Prime. If the trade off is no flash camera and no IPS super panel, maybe okay. No aluminum is more than fine with me.

Prime will probably be delisted by some retailers once the 300 gets into channels.

5. EasyEEE

EasyEEE Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Military Pilot
    Mobile, AL
    Retail for the Prime is $499. You didn't get a steal, you just didn't get ripped off. :)

Great things are working for you. Same here with the wifi. No problems.

6. Gooser91

Gooser91 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2011

My first prime with SN starting with a B, and my wifi wasn't that great. My new prime is a c3, and the wifi is the best device I own. Probably 30 to 40 feet from router, and it's constantly reading 25 meg, which is Better than my new laptop. There was an email from an asus employee leaked on xda showing an email in which he essentially said, the new primes are fixed for wifi, the old ones are not.

From my new prime, it's easy to see wifi is fantastic now.

7. Slayers

Slayers Lurker
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    I also bought mine from game stop and I have a C3 and so far I have not had any wifi problems as for GPS I am never going to use the tablet for GPS so I could care less about it

8. andygu3

andygu3 Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    I have one of the first gen Primes and I've never had any trouble with wifi

9. Gooser91

Gooser91 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 10, 2011
    Try This test. Run a speed test on wifi, record results. Turn on Bluetooth and stream something. In this case try transferring a file such as a movie over bluetooth, and run another speed test while the file is transferring.

I'm positive what the results will show :(