1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

The Amazing Spider-Man Teaser Trailer!

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by Najdorf, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Najdorf

Najdorf Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011

Advertisement

2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    I'm not sure how I feel about it. The first two Spiderman films were done so well (and not that long ago). I just don't think a reboot is needed. Well, if you want to see Venom properly introduced in a movie, than yeah, a reboot is needed (if Spiderman 3 would have ended when the suit attaches to Eddie, and continued into Spiderman 4, it wouldn't have been half as horrible).

One thing, though. I actually really like the idea of Spidey having organic webshooters. I'm kinda surprised the comics didn't give them to him.

Regardless, I'm sure I'll see this when it comes out.

3. jroc

jroc Android Expert
    None

Apr 10, 2010
    I dont know about this reboot either. A new Spiderman already? No Toby McGuire?

They shoulda just made a Spiderman 4. I thought we were gonna see a Carnage like villain seeing how the last movie ended.

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Android Expert
    None

Nov 11, 2010
    Student
    Spiderman 3 sucked. I said it. It was terrible. They didn't want to squeeze out another after that one with the same actors, I suspect.

Just about the only thing I like about this one is that he has web cartridges; they are staying true to the comic in that respect, as spider man never had magical web-shooting powers from his wrists. That said, I will likely wait for a rental. I am tired of all of these comic book heroes they are pushing down our throats so IP owners can light their cigars with Benjamins.

5. Remordere

Remordere Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    IT Student
    Pampanga, Philippines
    I really hated the Spider Man Triliogy mainly because they changed major things about the comic itself, especially the characters. The only things that is still true to the comic is Peter and J.J.Jameson.

Venom, especially. I used to fear that guy but when I saw the movie, it kinda ruined his image.

I hated organic webshooters, because the web cartridge added more fear while Spidey is fighting, when he ran out. They said that they made the webshooters real to be realistic. Nothing from comics is realistic.

6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    video doesnt work:(

7. ParishL31

ParishL31 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 15, 2010
    Student
    Colorado
    I enjoyed the first two. The third was awful. They tried to touch on the dark side of Spiderman, but Toby just can't pull off a bad ass rebel character. It just turned into him trying to act tough and resulted in super cheesy scenes that completely ruined the movie.

I don't know why they're already re-doing the Spidey series. I know they're trying to shoot for a much darker feel. But the two with Toby were just fine IMO. Unless they're trying to turn Spidey into more of a bad ass and possibly work their way towards bringing the whole Marvel Civil War to movie format. Just my guess.

8. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    With the new Avengers movie coming next year, all these X-Men movies, the proposed Deadpool, maybe. If they reboot the Fantastic 4, I very well may believe that they'd be considering it. I still don't know how they'd pull it off, gonna need to introduce a lot more characters. And that movie by itself would probably have to be a trilogy just to see happen.

It doesn't exactly sound feasible, but it's Hollywood. If they can squeeze three blockbuster movies out, they can ruin the story enough to do it.