• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The American Dream

Jan 11, 2010
alkzp.jpg

Reactions: Member243850
Agree with wall street

That place should have been nuked in '29 (well incendary bombed)

It's funny...

The Democrates say companies have to much control in congress.

The Republicans say companies have to much control in congress.

The Tea Party say companies have to much control in congress.

So why is it that the Republican's and TPs support politicions and policies that benefit companies?

And complain about democrate policies that restrict companies?

Upvote 0
>>So why is it that the Republican's and TPs support politicions and policies that benefit companies?

Do you honestly believe that only Conservative politicians support policies that benefit companies?

Look at the Health Care overhaul. It's a HUGE boon for the Insurance Companies.

>>And complain about democrate policies that restrict companies?

Do you really think that Democrats really restrict companies? If so, then you are naive.

The health care overhaul was billed as us against the evil Insurance Companies, but what came out of Congress was basically a gift wrapped Christmas present to those very same Insurance companies.

Don't buy into the party line bit. Politicians on both sides of the aisle are in it for themselves, and keeping business happy keeps them in office.

Upvote 0
>>So why is it that the Republican's and TPs support politicions and policies that benefit companies?

Do you honestly believe that only Conservative politicians support policies that benefit companies?

Look at the Health Care overhaul. It's a HUGE boon for the Insurance Companies.

Do you really think that Democrats really restrict companies? If so, then you are naive.

The health care overhaul was billed as us against the evil Insurance Companies, but what came out of Congress was basically a gift wrapped Christmas present to those very same Insurance companies.

Don't buy into the party line bit. Politicians on both sides of the aisle are in it for themselves, and keeping business happy keeps them in office.

I agree

The Repiublicans and a few Dems made sure (not on purpose) that the system devised would be quite costly to the taxpayer

Upvote 0

Where did I say that?

They try to regulate business more the republicans.

If you want to claim republicans are the ones regulating companies then go ahead... not sure how many people will believe you.

But in any case the Tea partiers claim they want to take the power of government from the companies and give it back to the people... then nominate people like Paul who thinks we are being too tough on BP by forcing them to pay for the cleanup.

Upvote 0
Where did I say that?

[Quote-AndyLL]So why is it that the Republican's and TPs support politicions and policies that benefit companies?[/Quote]

Right here.

Otherwise, you would have asked. "So why is it that Republican's, TP's and Democrats support politicians and policies that benefit companies?"

But that wasn't what you asked.

They try to regulate business more the republicans.

Do you really think so? They pick fights that they know that they can't win, so that they LOOK like they are attempting to regulate companies.

Want proof? Democrats have had complete control over both houses of Congress, and the White House... how much has business regulation increased? Conservatives are powerless to stop regulation, but it doesn't come. They will cry for regulation when the Republicans control Congress, because it LOOKS good, but they won't do it when they control Congress.

Quit listening to what politicians tell you, and look at the facts.

If you want to claim republicans are the ones regulating companies then go ahead... not sure how many people will believe you.

See, here is a great example of a strawman argument. See, I NEVER claimed that Republicans regulate companies any more than Democrats do... So, this statement is a "misrepresentation" of my stance on this topic. That's called a strawman argument, because it's a fake argument you put out there that you can easily knock down to appear to be winning the discussion.

But in any case the Tea partiers claim they want to take the power of government from the companies and give it back to the people... then nominate people like Paul who thinks we are being too tough on BP by forcing them to pay for the cleanup.

BP was already paying for the cleanup. That's not what Paul thought was improper. He thought it was improper to pull the CEO of a company into the White House and pressure him into setting up a 2 Billion dollar trust for the Government to control in handling the situation.

If BP wasn't already handling, I could see the President trying to force him to handle it, but they WERE already paying for the cleanup.

Upvote 0
Yes well the Tea Partiers are crazier then even deep-south Republicans

Not really. There are some crazies... Of course, there are some crazies in the Democratic party as well. The average Tea Partier just believes in limited government and low taxes.

It might surprise you to learn that about half of them don't think that Palin would be an effective President.

That's only 20% more than the rest of the US... Not exactly the glaring difference you would expect from those crazy Conservative Tea Partiers...

Upvote 0
Not really. There are some crazies... Of course, there are some crazies in the Democratic party as well. The average Tea Partier just believes in limited government and low taxes.

It might surprise you to learn that about half of them don't think that Palin would be an effective President.

That's only 20% more than the rest of the US... Not exactly the glaring difference you would expect from those crazy Conservative Tea Partiers...

I really hope those figures are wrong

Only 70% think "she wouldnt be effective"

There needs to be an overhaul of ye're education system ASAP

Upvote 0
So why is it that the Republican's and TPs support politicions and policies that benefit companies?

You claimed I said ONLY republican's and TP support...

Plenty of Democrates support company friendly policies at time.

But Republican's campaign on the belief that Republican's support business friendly policies while Democrates support business killing policies.

I really never thought there would debate about that.

Want proof? Democrats have had complete control over both houses of Congress, and the White House... how much has business regulation increased? Conservatives are powerless to stop regulation, but it doesn't come. They will cry for regulation when the Republicans control Congress, because it LOOKS good, but they won't do it when they control Congress.

uhhh... they only passed the most sweeping changes to how financial companies are regulated since the great depression.

And the Dems do not control the Senate.

See, here is a great example of a strawman argument. See, I NEVER claimed that Republicans regulate companies any more than Democrats do... So, this statement is a "misrepresentation" of my stance on this topic. That's called a strawman argument, because it's a fake argument you put out there that you can easily knock down to appear to be winning the discussion.

ok...

Just above you said democrates haven't regulated business.

Now you claim it's invalid for me to claim that you think republican's regulate business more.

Therefore you think republican's regulate <= democrates.

So there is no additional regulation...

So why do I keep hearing that business is over regulated which is killing our economy from the TP and Repubs?

BP was already paying for the cleanup. That's not what Paul thought was improper. He thought it was improper to pull the CEO of a company into the White House and pressure him into setting up a 2 Billion dollar trust for the Government to control in handling the situation.

Actually the 20B was mainly for claims against BP.

Which they were trying to not pay (or at least limit)... initially they were trading payouts for waivers of liability. They were dragging their feet on paying. They were excluding valid claims. They hired a ton of 'experts' and then we started hearing about how less severe it was. They claimed the temp. ban on deep water drilling would delay/prevent payouts.

There was fear settlements would drag on for decades like they did with Exxon.

Rand Paul in his own words:

Upvote 0
Every board Im a member on, politics seem to be a touchy subject and people easily get bent out of shape.

It cracks me up because there is nothing the average American can do about things

Vote them out ?? OK, realistically elections are for entertainment purposes only. Any politician youve heard of has to have some type of shady connection to get them that far already. Even the President is a puppet for the powers that be, hand picked to be a scapegoat.

They are ALL crooks with their own self interest in mind.

As this country become more obese, lazy and ignorant... things will only get worse.

Upvote 0
You claimed I said ONLY republican's and TP support...

Plenty of Democrates support company friendly policies at time.

But Republican's campaign on the belief that Republican's support business friendly policies while Democrates support business killing policies.

I really never thought there would debate about that.

If we are talking about Campaigns, then that's a different story.

That's an easy one... Republican's and TP's vote for business friendly candidates, because we are almost all employed by a business and would like to do so.

For instance... Intel just built a shiny new factory overseas. Why? They will pay taxes twice on that income. They will pay taxes in the foreign country AND in the US (We are the only country that does this by the way).

Why are they willing to have their income taxed twice? Because due to the regulations, they are saving 1 Billion dollars. A billion dollars. Companies want to support the US, but how many Billions are they supposed to throw away before it becomes necessary to move their facilities overseas?

uhhh... they only passed the most sweeping changes to how financial companies are regulated since the great depression.

What's changing?

And the Dems do not control the Senate.

My God? Really? Dems control the Senate. They just no longer have a filibuster proof majority. They still control the Senate.

ok...

Just above you said democrates haven't regulated business.

Now you claim it's invalid for me to claim that you think republican's regulate business more.

Yep... that wasn't a claim I made. So, that would make that not my argument, which is why it is a strawman argument.

Therefore you think republican's regulate <= democrates.

So there is no additional regulation...

I don't think you seem to be capable of rational discussion. I hate to say that, but it goes back to the 5% + 5% = 5%.

I've never said NO regulation happens. I've said it is neither parties goal to overly regulate business.

So why do I keep hearing that business is over regulated which is killing our economy from the TP and Repubs?

Because every regulation on the books for hundreds of years piles up.

Actually the 20B was mainly for claims against BP.

Which they were already paying.

Which they were trying to not pay (or at least limit)... initially they were trading payouts for waivers of liability.

Which they quit doing on their own, without any interference from the government.

They were dragging their feet on paying.

They required paperwork, and that massive amount of paperwork had to be processed. Interestingly, they processed claims faster than the government has.

They were excluding valid claims.

Prove it.

They hired a ton of 'experts' and then we started hearing about how less severe it was.

Good thing you could continue to prove and get dispersements, no matter how long it lasted...

They claimed the temp. ban on deep water drilling would delay/prevent payouts.

You mean, not mean not having a revenue stream might prevent you from spending money? Seriously? Wow.

There was fear settlements would drag on for decades like they did with Exxon.

Interesting, since they were being paid pretty much on the spot...

Rand Paul in his own words:

Upvote 0
Every board Im a member on, politics seem to be a touchy subject and people easily get bent out of shape.

It cracks me up because there is nothing the average American can do about things

Vote them out ?? OK, realistically elections are for entertainment purposes only. Any politician youve heard of has to have some type of shady connection to get them that far already. Even the President is a puppet for the powers that be, hand picked to be a scapegoat.

They are ALL crooks with their own self interest in mind.

As this country become more obese, lazy and ignorant... things will only get worse.

I agree. People think they actually have power, and they don't. It's so funny to post one pic and have people fighting over it. Instead of learning a lesson from it and changing their own ways, they're arguing about a milf they wish they could knob and Tea Parties.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones