1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

The appeal?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Zenze, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010

Advertisement

2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Student
    Southampton, England
    I object to the Rolls Royce Phantom being used. People like him are the complete opposite of who should own a car like that.

3. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    I'm not even talking about the video necessarily. I fail to see whole someone can listen to it and think "yea this is good music."

4. punk_beatz

punk_beatz Newbie
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    I work for a charity
    Manchester, England
    It's Soulja Boy - terrible nonsense is to be expected! I'd start ranting about how people like him are giving 'real' hip hop artists (and I don't mean 50 Cent and Flo-Rida) a bad name, but I'll be typing until my fingers bleed...

The only time I've ever heard Soulja Boy and thought 'this isn't terrible' was when Travis Barker remixed Crank That with meaty drums and some guitar.

5. gotweed

gotweed Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Barback
    NeW JeRsEY
    Let.me tell.ya guys something as.a fan of hip hop.....soulja boy is an ultimate fail...don't ever listen to such garbage....kk

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

6. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    Yea I like a good bit of hip hop artists but souja boy.... not so much. It annoys me that he actually has success...

7. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Also being a hiphop fan for a long time... this is pretty damn bad. Lol

8. gotweed

gotweed Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Barback
    NeW JeRsEY
    U wanna know how he gets his money, he gets paid 10,000 dollars for every tweeT he post on twitter....GETTIN PAID TO TWITTER?? U KIDDING ME

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

9. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire
    None

Oct 16, 2009
    Male
    EUSA
    Long Island, NY
    I think I just went deaf from how fu**ing terrible this song is.

10. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    lol, so bad

11. B_Cersche

B_Cersche Newbie
    None

this. i never understood exactly when music became a disposable product to be marketed.

edit: ever heard stanky legg? i heard that once and i was messed up for days..it was a total mindfark knowing that there are starving musicians out there but people like this enjoy success

12. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    I feel sooooooooo old. Hell, I am sooooooooooooo old. I remember music.

I remember when rap would never, EVER be allowed to co-exist with bluegrass, rock, or country on the public airwaves. Hell, I fondly remember bubblegum music and even the "best" rapers efforts cannot compare to "Yummy Yummy Yummy" by the 1910 Fruitgum Company.

There is no good rap, it is largely violence, bragging about bling, and no musicality. It is horrifically bad poetry set to a canned electronic crap music track. I hope some real musicians at least, worked on the music. When they can't make it as criminals, they decide to enter the music business.

That said, Eminem appeals to me for some reason. Go figure.

I have lots of music by some of the greatest musicians that ever laid down tracks. Many of my favorites are black musicians that were screwed by a largely white controlled business. So I know what Americans of African Decent are capable of creating. Unfortunately, all (most, some?) black "Musicians" want to do is rap. My guess is, they think they can have all that great stuff bad music can give them. With most rappers, it is my guess that they see dollars and don't give a crap about the eighth-notes and how one should put them in proper order.

Not all black people like rap, I am guessing. Many blacks hate the shit, I'm hoping.

One cracker's racist opinion typed while listening to Little Richard.

And by the way, lots of crappy country, rock, and a few horrific bluegrass bands out there to be sure. Crap is crap, but rap seems to be forced into the mainstream and made acceptable.

Then along came the Internet. I will die long before I can discover the great music and bands that will never make it. The Internet gives unknowns a chance to find their place. We need to promote those acts that show promise so they will make more real music. We need to buy the music so they do not starve.

Great stuff is out there folks, so do not dispare. Perhaps rap will one day go away and I know where my off button is should it thrive.

I think we need more music education in the public schools. We need to fight rap with information. Teach kids to appreciate music and what separates the wheat from the chaff. Teach them why Renee Fleming can rightfully be called a singer and rappers must never be called singers. Don't teach that rap is bad; rather, teach what makes great music and they will largely come to that conclusion on their own.

Bob

NYCHitman1 likes this.
  13. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    My ears bled. :(

14. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Android Expert
    None

Sep 24, 2010
    I think I agree. When my Bluegrass CD goes Quadruple Triple Platinium, I am headed to the Veron dealership.

Bob