• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The application settings(precess com.android.settings) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

It happen to e yesterday, i did a factory reset, an boom, it worked great, but u will lose all apps, an unlike the blackberry app store, it wont show u what apps u have downloaded. so My suggestion is, Backup ur contacts with Google Sync, then Do a list of all the Apps u have, and then do factory reset, which is... Application>Setting>Privacy>Reset. its simple

BUT! IMPORTANT. i dont know much about the Android Market(since i bought the phone a week a go), dont know if u payed for apps, u will have to re-buy them or something, so please I SUGGEST! u look for this info before u do anything else!.

BTW, the problem started after i UNINSTALLED a Battery Widget. so yea.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry but a full out restart is a last resort for me. This is a problem with the inner programming if the phone. I'm no techie but that much is clear that there has to be another way to get my widgets back.

If it's the widgets you're missing, I would bet you moved the apps to the SDCard. That is a major no-no. Any app that uses a widget has to remain on the internal memory. I would move any app that uses a widget back to the internal memory first and see if that resolves your issue. If not, the next step would be to uninstall and re-install those apps, leaving them on the internal memory. If no love, then the solution is likely going to have to be a factory reset. I know you don't want to, but you may not have a choice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones