• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Ascend it better than the HTC Droid Eris

danaj

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2010
Tucson, Az
I just wanted to say how much I like my Ascend. My friend got an HTC Eris around the same time I got my Ascend, and I was always jealous of her phone. I thought I looked better, even though it had a smaller screen. She got a new phone, and gave me her old Eris to play with, and I just have to say that I think the Ascend is better, even our forums are better! I have CM6, and it rocks, especially since I used the netflix workaround, and I can now watch netflix on my phone! The Eris does have a better camera, but that was about all I can see.....I love my Ascend.

Reactions: Gmash
I just wanted to say how much I like my Ascend. My friend got an HTC Eris around the same time I got my Ascend, and I was always jealous of her phone. I thought I looked better, even though it had a smaller screen. She got a new phone, and gave me her old Eris to play with, and I just have to say that I think the Ascend is better, even our forums are better! I have CM6, and it rocks, especially since I used the netflix workaround, and I can now watch netflix on my phone! The Eris does have a better camera, but that was about all I can see.....I love my Ascend.
I think this phone gets a bad rap. The problems are exaggerated in my opinion, or just a result of unrealistic expectations. And yes, our forums are better than any of the other cheap phones I've seen.

Upvote 0
also good peoples, and more support!!!
Yeah, thats what I meant by better lol. :rolleyes:
You are one of those good peoples so give yourself a pat on the back! :)
I don't think anyone could replace Jazziette, but I would like to thank everybody who has stepped their game up since she left. To anybody who has helped somebody else, who has answered a question, or even asked a good question that helped other people with the same problem, a big THANK YOU! :D

Reactions: AndroidFan420
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones