1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support The Aux jack is broken!! Can it be fixed, or do I need to buy a new phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Amethyst Rose, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Amethyst Rose

Amethyst Rose Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Female
    I've had my ZTE Warp Elite since Christmas, and it was meant to be a replacement for my crappy old LG tracfone and my broken iPod touch. In that respect, it worked amazingly and never had any problems.

Tonight, however, I dropped it for the first time and while things were fine for a few hours (no cracks, no nothing,) after I took my earphones out to listen to my computer and went to put them back in the aux jack on my phone, they wouldn't fit. I looked down the aux hole and it turns out the entire thing has been knocked out of place. Is there a way I can fix this myself? Can it be fixed at all? Do I have to wait until next Christmas to get a new Warp Elite???

Advertisement

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
    Hi Amethyst Rose,

There are repair services that can fix an AUX/Headphone jack for you. I had a similar problem back in the early 2000's with a Pocket PC PDA and Pocket PC Techs fixed it for me. I'm sure Android phones have similar repair services but fortunately I haven't had to avail myself of them yet. :D In my case I had to mail them my device in but these days with the large amount of smartphones on the market I'm sure there is probably a repair service somewhere near you that you could walk it in. What part of the World are you hailing from? and Welcome to the Android Forums!

3. Amethyst Rose

Amethyst Rose Lurker
    None

Apr 14, 2016
    Female
    I was considering taking it to Chicago Computers (I'm in that part of the world! :p) to see if the computer guys there could fix it. An aux jack is an aux jack, so it should be trivial to fix a phone instead of a laptop, right? They could probably open the phone up somehow and find out what's wrong.

And thanks! I found the forums through Google and was like "yes! I can get help!"

KOLIO likes this.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Android Expert

Dec 31, 2011
    Male
    Boston MA USA
  5. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None

WELCOME TO ANDROID FORUMS
    Amethyst Rose ! :)

We wish you well in find a repair shop that can fix your phone for a fair price.
    If by chance the repair costs exceed what you're willing to pay,a good used phone may be a better alternative.
    Most such purchases you're rolling the dice,but,on Swappa:

https://swappa.com/devices/boost?type=phone&platform=android
    https://swappa.com/

The buyers & sellers are vetted as best as can be & you're chances of getting a nice phone @ a fair price are a lot better than say,craigslist transactions & w/o the worries of such.

Please keep us posted on your outcome. :thumbsupdroid: