1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support The Bare Necessities

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WhiteMouse, Sep 13, 2012.

1. WhiteMouse

WhiteMouse New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I recently rooted my Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 (Android version 2.3.6) and I wanted to try and strip it of all these unnecessary applications that came pre-installed in it. I don't frequently connect it to the Internet, so I have no need for separate Apps like Maps, Email, Social Hub, Search, Talk and so on. I have seen that they can be uninstalled from Settings > Applications > Manage Applications, but I can't find the uninstall button.

I'm trying to bring my phone to a state in where it only has the bare necessities and no other processes that take up memory & use up the battery. The only things I plan on adding to it are apps for Internet Browsing security for the rare moments it does connect to a wi-fi and one or two other apps. I hate having my devices cluttered with things I don't use.

Do you think this is a good idea? Is anyone using a device stripped like so? And if yes, how would you say I am to uninstall & be rid of all these apps? I thank you in advance for any answers!

Advertisement