1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support The "Battery Use" interface

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by harrison47, Feb 22, 2011.

1. harrison47

harrison47 Newbie

I am trying to improve my Huawei Ascend battery life. I went to about phone->battery use. I am shocked to find out that 46% of my battery use has been MEDIA, 29% standby, 18% phone idle. Why is nearly 50% of my battery used by media? I only text for the most part (i use Go SMS) and i dont listen to music on the phone.. i have no widgets that use data from the internet, only power control and google search bar

on a side note, i thought that battery history was supposed to show each individual application's usage.. and it doesn't ):

Advertisement

2. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

Go to >menu >settings >applications >running processes

See what applications are running that are using up your battery. Then go into each one and configure them not to run unless you want them to.

By default some are just set to run even if you did nothing to start them.

Photobucket, as an example, runs continuously in the background. I uninstalled it after rooting.

If you are rooted you can either freeze or uninstall apps that are battery eaters.

Juice Defender is a good battery app available at the market.

Hope this helps you!

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

One more thing about PHOTOBUCKET.You can 'freeze' the stock app{using Titanium Back-up to do so},then download the version that's on the market.It does not run continuously unless you want to set it up that way.

Jazziette likes this.
  4. reggjoo

reggjoo Well-Known Member

There's another app u can use to freeze your apps, even if u have juice defender free, it's called "App Freezer for Root", and it's in the market.

Jazziette likes this.