1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The BBC Weather app is amazing

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by oleb84, Jul 10, 2013.

1. oleb84

oleb84 Android Enthusiast

Just search on the play store for "bbc weather". It does everything I want (so far) in a weather app from a hugely trusted source.

I can't describe it in words but please give it a go and comment here.

The only reason I still had beautiful widgets installed was for their weather app but even that has now been uninstalled.

funkylogik and psionandy like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dvhttn

dvhttn Android Expert

Sorry, but being from the UK I take great exception to the 'hugely trusted' source. Wouldn't trust the Beeb to give unbiased news at all and their weather is from the UK Met Office (IIRC) and that is one of the faces of the great climate change con! Where I live I'll accept a weather forecast as just about accurate no more than 24 hours in advance. Which is as accurate as it was back in the 1970s.

Sorry, rant over .......:p

Dave

funkylogik likes this.
  3. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

completely agree... its a great app and wonderfully formatted to display the information.

I think the data comes from the Met-office, which also has its own app. But the BBC one is more userfriendly and has pride of place on my homescreen.

4. oleb84

View accepted however they are add reliable as anyone else and the app is truly gorgeous and user friendly for a weather app.

5. kurtyyyyyy

kurtyyyyyy Well-Known Member

Does it have widgets?

Dont know ill be able to get rid of eye in the sky

6. oleb84

^ Yep. Glorious, glorious widgets.

Sure I read on the description about a lock screen widget as well.

funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I hope its a bit better than the iPlayer app lol :p ill check it out mate thanks.
    Is it more accurate than the Google Now weather forecasts? Because i find them pretty accurate in a very basic way :)

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好

As an expat from the UK, I'd probably trust and would hope that Auntie/The Beeb is more unbiased and accurate in their reporting than what we get here, namely China Central TV, People's Daily, China Daily, Xinhua and the Xilinhot Evening News. :rolleyes:

But then sometimes I prefer Al Jazeera over the BBC. I don't trust Fox News though, think that one is terrible.

9. womb raider

womb raider Android Enthusiast

I hear lots of people complaining about the iPlayer app but it's worked fine for me the few times I've used it. What issues are you having with it?

10. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Video quality mostly. The app is more convenient than using your browser but you get higher quality using the site.
    Id like the app to have an HQ option for people with a high end phone, unlimited data (unless theyve introduced that now?)