• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Beatles set new record!

My all-time favorite band, and the world's all-time most popular, the Beatles, have set yet another record. Their Abbey Road album has hit #1 again--50 years after its first time. :eek:

"The Beatles' Abbey Road has returned to number one in the UK, 50 years after it first topped the album charts.

The Fab Four reclaimed the top spot with an expanded anniversary edition.

The feat also sees the album set a record - the gap of 49 years and 252 days since its initial chart-topping run ended in early 1970 is the longest gap before returning to number one.

"It's hard to believe that Abbey Road still holds up after all these years," tweeted Sir Paul McCartney on Friday.

"But then again it's a bloody cool album," he added."

Indeed it is. :D

I was actually in Abbey Road, St John's Wood back in July. and walked across the famous zebra crossing as well. :)

BTW that was Abbey Road, London and not Abbey Road, Shanghai. Because I've been there as well. :D
IMG_3901_5.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Love it! Did you have someone snap your pic?

:D

No, I didn't. I used to work around that that part of London in early 2000s, so it's not as if it's unfamiliar to me. There was many tourists who were having their pics taken, including Chinese.

In fact the only pics I took when I was in London during the summer, was of the current state of Big Ben and Palace of Westminster, all covered in scaffolding, as well as an old friends reunion meet-up.

Upvote 0
No, I didn't.
Well, you can do it vicariously with this cute glimpse of 50 years of Abbey Road photos. Some even take their shoes off! :D

This article describes the photographer as a modest man, and explains how the photo shoot was done.

One of the articles says that thousands of people descend on that famous crosswalk daily to recreate the album photo.

Hey, Mike, can you answer this question? What do the zig-zag traffic lines on the streets in England mean? Examples are visible in some of the contemporary Abbey Road photos. My daughter lived in London for a year after college, and I remember asking her this...but I don't remember what she said. :eek: :D

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Well, you can do it vicariously with this cute glimpse of 50 years of Abbey Road photos. Some even take their shoes off! :D

This article describes the photographer as a modest man, and explains how the photo shoot was done.

One of the articles says that thousands of people descend on that famous crosswalk daily to recreate the album photo.

Hey, Mike, can you answer this question? What do the zig-zag traffic lines on the streets in England mean? Examples are visible in some of the contemporary Abbey Road photos. My daughter lived in London for a year after college, and I remember asking her this...but I don't remember what she said. :eek: :D

The white zig-zags mean no parking and stopping. Intended to create a safe zone around pedestrian crossings where lines of sight for both pedestrians and drivers are not impaired by parked vehicles.

I believe they were introduced in the early 70s, after the original Sgt Pepper photo was taken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones