1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

The best android for s4?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Itsmehey, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Itsmehey

Itsmehey Guest

Hi guys! The question goes just as the topic does: what's better for my galaxy s4? KitKat or should I upgrade it to Lollipop? One might say that of course the latest version is superior, but from what I've heard some phones suffer from the 5.0 upgrade - losing their performance speed, battery life and such. Has anyone made such research with s4? If so, I'd appreciate if you lent a hand ;)
    Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AyJay719

AyJay719 Newbie

If the update is coming from the carrier, eventually you won't have a choice but to go to Lollipop. As a tech support representative, I have not noticed any issues regarding this and the s4 that are very common that come to mind.

3. BubzzLemz

BubzzLemz Newbie

I have the S4 on KitKat and my carrier won't offer any more support nor Android updates for it which could explain why they sold their remaining inventory for the Cyber Monday sale. I'm perfectly fine with KitKat although I'm one who wants to be up to date. I also, heard Lollipop is great on the Samsung phones so that's highly up to you. Personally, I would upgrade if offered to me as I am too chicken to flash it on my own etc.